General Discussion
 Ramsay/Clay-Chalkville
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2016 :  01:34:07  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Clay-Chalkville tweeted that their game this week with Ramsay is at Legion Field.

Shane Paschal
Shades Valley High School
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2016 :  23:56:52  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/1964533469768800436/ramsay-38-clay-chalkville-28-rams-hold-off-cougars-and-keep-dream-season-alive/

Was at Legion Field

Shane Paschal
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !
Go to Top of Page

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2016 :  09:58:26  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/7149539925623330750/on-to-the-second-round-5-huntsville-region-playoff-games-to-watch/

Ramsay vs. Decatur is also at Legion Field

Shane Paschal
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !
Go to Top of Page

tidefan102
AHSFHS Moderator

792 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2016 :  12:12:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does Ramsay not have a home field? I know a lot of the Birmingham schools have build stadiums in recent years.

Mike Naugher
Go to Top of Page

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2016 :  00:03:02  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ramsay is on Birmingham's southside, right near the Five Points area. There's really not any area near the school for a home stadium to be built. When they resumed football, they played their home games at Lawson Field. I think because they've gotten good this year, they've chosen to play their home games at Legion Field. They also moved Jackson-Olin's home game with Ramsay to Legion Field, as well.

Woodlawn is the other Birmingham school who plays their games at Lawson. They actually have a field behind their school, and until a couple of years ago had home side stands as well. With the way they built stadiums for Carver, Parker, Wenonah & Jackson-Olin in areas I wouldn't have deemed 'safe' areas to, I can't see why they didn't go ahead and put a stadium behind Woodlawn as well.

Shane Paschal
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !
Go to Top of Page

tidefan102
AHSFHS Moderator

792 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2016 :  07:30:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Shane. It has to be hard on s school and fans not to have an on campus stadium.

Mike Naugher
Go to Top of Page

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2016 :  23:00:13  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As far as Woodlawn goes, I don't think they've had games at their home campus field since the 40's. They did have games there, though. I have about 8 annuals my aunt had from the 20's, and they played there. I've also looked thru my grandmother's annuals, and there looks to be a couple of games that were played there during the early 40's. When my mom and dad went there in the 60's, they played at Legion Field as their home field. Lawson didn't open till the early 70's, I don't believe.

Shane Paschal
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !

Edited by - svmounties on 11/10/2016 23:02:56
Go to Top of Page

Jurojo50
New Forum Member

14 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2016 :  15:55:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ramsay played their bigger games at Legion Field this year, with the Parker game probably being the biggest of them all.

Ramsay has a practice field that is about 80 yards long, so they cannot build a stadium on it. That's why they've been using Lawson since the program was reinstated.

Per my cousin (who used to teach at Woodlawn), the site where the stadium is located is not conducive to football these days. Apparently there has been some build up in the area which would not allow for expansion.

I heard rumors at one time that Woodlawn was possibly going to get a new school, but there was little area to add a field in the places they were scouting for a new school.

Oh and from what I understand, the turf at Lawson is the old astroturf. I'm glad I've never officiated there.
Go to Top of Page

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2016 :  04:36:49  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, Lawson has Legion Field's old turf.

Shane Paschal
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !
Go to Top of Page

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2016 :  19:45:38  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Ramsay vs. Austin game is at Lawson Field this week.

Shane Paschal
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07