General Discussion
 Website
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dparker
Forum Admin

1402 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2017 :  06:48:03  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is anyone having any problem accessing the website? Is anyone getting security alerts or anything like that? I had one person tell me they were but I can see no problem from my end.

Do not worry about this causing security problems for you or your computer. It is an old thing not used anymore by Chrome since 2012. That is why the problem does not appear when using Chrome.

Thanks

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org

tidefan102
AHSFHS Moderator

792 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2017 :  07:25:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't had any problems.

Mike Naugher
Go to Top of Page

marengo
AHSFHS Moderator

304 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2017 :  20:51:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no problems here
Go to Top of Page

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2017 :  00:35:00  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I forgot to say something about this when it happened, but there's been this popup a couple of times the last week, which I think is ad related, saying the security certificate or some such is invalid. I assumed it was some issue with IE, since it always seems to be that. I say ad related because the certificate didn't say the website address. But it pops up when these ads are trying to load on a team page, and only on a team page as far as I know, and even when you try to click 'yes' to access the site with an 'invalid' certificate, it won't stop popping up, and basically won't let you on the site. It's the ads right below where it says the number of teams and games the site has. If you need me to try to make it happen again to further explain, I'll try in the morning. It wasn't doing it tonight.

Shane Paschal
Shades Valley High School
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !

Edited by - svmounties on 07/21/2017 00:39:47
Go to Top of Page

GiglnTiger
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

374 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2017 :  05:15:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wasn't having problems when you first posted this topic, but now I am having a issue like SV mentioned. This is the pop up box I'm getting;

SECURITY ALERT: Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is not available. Do you want to proceed? It has a Yes, No, View Certificate option, but when you click them the box keep sopping back up.

Randolph County Tigers / R.C.H.S.

2003 Class 2A State Champions, 1998 Class 3A State Runner-Ups,
1984 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1979 Class 2A State Runner-Ups
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1402 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2017 :  07:28:08  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
GiglnTiger,

Are you using IE? I thought everyone had forsaken that dinosaur by now.

Here is the problem. Microsoft no longer supports IE so newer things can and will cause a problem when using internet explorer.

The issue that the popup is referring to is that secure websites are suppose to use the "https" instead of "http" in front of the website name. They want you to purchase a security certificate to prove the website is secure and not a phishing or some other malicious site.

I have looked into it and it would be very labor intensive since we have so many pages over the past ten years. In the end it does not matter at all since we gather no information and store no one's personal data except to login to the forums.

My thought is to download Google chrome and I will bet it solves the problem. Chrome is easy to use and after about ten minutes you will not notice the difference between it and IE.

I am going to look into other solutions and will get back to you.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1402 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2017 :  07:50:04  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok.
If you are using Internet Explorer......

I have done some searching around and found one of the easiest solutions short of getting all the updates for windows and IE is to do the following.

Change the date on you computer, advancing it a month. Change it back and it should solve the problem.

I found this solution in several places.

I can assure everyone that there is nothing wrong with the website and nothing has been changed or added to the team pages. We are as secure as we ever were. I firmly believe this to be an internet explorer problem since Microsoft no longer supports it unless someone using some other browser can tell me something different.

Try the fix I noted above and then browse the site and let me know if if works.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1402 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2017 :  08:01:56  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is another solution.....

Here's what you do: 'start' 'control panel' 'internet options'
move from 'general' to 'advanced' scroll down and down and down until you see a gold-colored lock in the 'security' section.
UNCHECK 'Check For Publisher's Revocation' then click 'Apply' and OK.

Please let me know if any of these work. I really do not want to go into the season with this hanging over us. Also I need to know if it is just an Internet Explorer problem.

Thanks to all.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

GiglnTiger
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

374 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2017 :  13:01:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been using Firefox and IE browsers and never a problem. As of right now the pop up alert has stopped and I'm using IE. Its not a consistent problem on my end, unsure about the others, but it is a problem that sticks around for a short period (a hour or so) of time while using the forum when I'm trying to login, click topics, scroll down the forum, etc. It's not a out of this world problem, it comes and goes, it's a little annoying. haha. I'll browse with Firefox for a few days and see if it keeps occurring. Either way, thanks for looking into it David.

Randolph County Tigers / R.C.H.S.

2003 Class 2A State Champions, 1998 Class 3A State Runner-Ups,
1984 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1979 Class 2A State Runner-Ups
Go to Top of Page

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2017 :  18:50:36  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I believe that second solution will fix the problem for me, since it eliminates the option for it to pop up. It wasn't really a big issue anyway, I just assumed it was an ad, as it only appeared a couple of times. And yes, I'm still on the dinosaur, as you well know, lol. What will make me change is when I get a new computer and a different browser is already installed. I get too much anxiety installing things like that.

Shane Paschal
Shades Valley High School
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07