General Discussion
 playoff locations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2017 :  09:25:14  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.tarrant.k12.al.us/News/1036#sthash.o9xB0IqD.dpbs

Tarrant will play Ranburne at Center Point.

http://inbham.com/index.php/2017/11/06/three-schools-advance-to-the-football-playoffs/

Ramsay will play Cullman at Carver High.

Shane Paschal
Shades Valley High School
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !

Jurojo50
New Forum Member

14 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2017 :  12:37:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Per the AHSAA Web site, Opelika will travel to Hillcrest Tuscaloosa.

http://www.ahsaa.com/Portals/0/Sports/Football/Playoffs/2017/6A.html?ver=2017-11-03-223017-923
Go to Top of Page

spartan91
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

201 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2017 :  22:17:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Opelika should be at home if they are following the formula.
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1401 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2017 :  22:20:41  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Even the ASHSAA can not get it right. Why would Opelika travel? I have no idea. I guess they are just wrong or I am missing something here.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

tidefan102
AHSFHS Moderator

792 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  07:22:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Piedmont travels to Colbert Heights

Mike Naugher
Go to Top of Page

GiglnTiger
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

374 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  07:54:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tidefan, what's going on with Piedmont? They seem to have been having a lot of close games lately until pulling away late in the second half? Randolph County fans have been keeping a close eye for that rematch. Good luck against CH.

Randolph County Tigers / R.C.H.S.

2003 Class 2A State Champions, 1998 Class 3A State Runner-Ups,
1984 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1979 Class 2A State Runner-Ups
Go to Top of Page

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  08:16:30  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
David, Opelika travels because they tweaked the playoff venues over the summer so that if both teams have traveled the same, which both Opelika & Hillcrest have, then it goes to the site of the highest seed, not the top/bottom designation. Hillcrest is a #1 seed, while Opelika is a #3, so Hillcrest hosts. The only way the top/bottom designation comes into play now is if the seeds are the same. The higher regional seed from the same region still hosts as in the past. It's easy to miss, as it was mentioned in just one article over the summer, then it appeared in the sports book, but it was sort of confusing in the sports book. It's also something I would have normally posted here, and I thought I did, but looking around I don't see my doing so. I also scanned and saw that the Opelika/Hillcrest matchup is also the only game this week which uses the higher seeding scenario, and the host team isn't on the bottom of the bracket, so it's easy to see why that would be confusing. Since all others that traveled the same ended up having the host team be on the bottom of the bracket anyway, it makes it look like they made a mistake. The thing I never could find earlier, was whether it's the top or bottom which was used in case of the same seeding, which is why I asked that earlier.

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/5753952385260955075/ahsaa-makes-playoff-tweaks-adds-football-running-clock-records-record-for-revenue-sharing/

Shane Paschal
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !

Edited by - svmounties on 11/20/2017 08:45:16
Go to Top of Page

Jurojo50
New Forum Member

14 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  10:59:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know the crew officiating the game. They are scheduled to go to Hillcrest.
Go to Top of Page

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  14:06:08  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/3190146368432225072/high-scoring-st-lukes-playing-third-straight-sort-of-home-playoff-game/

St. Luke's played their first-round home game at Baker, their second-round home game at Ladd-Peebles Stadium, and now their third round home game at Theodore.

Their home field doesn?t meet some playoff qualifications mandated by the AHSAA.

Shane Paschal
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07