Alabama man accused of punching referee
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cwak
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

1261 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2019 :  18:53:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was at this game. His son got hurt and while going to see him helped off the field he began arguing with the referee. Screaming ensued and he had to be held back by coaches, he got one good shot in on the official before being pulled away.
He felt that Arab was targeting his son and wanted to let the referees know that. Home fans said the official wanted him off the field and that's what set him off, but that's hearsay.
It was the last play of the 3rd quarter, and after both coaches talked there was a running clock for the 4th. It took about fifteen minutes to finish the game after that. Heard what he was saying from the Arab SRO who was the first officer there.
The game's on youtube you can see the play at 2:03:00 and the aftermath at 2:06:12 and 2:09:15. I've been to 80 Arab games the past 8 seasons and can now say I've seen just about everything.

https://www.waff.com/2019/11/05/alabama-man-accused-punching-referee-football-game/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f7K1qf4n6s

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2019 :  20:04:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well that puts a little more perspective on it than the article lays out. I saw a Brooks parent about get in a fight with a Brooks coach when his son got hurt years ago at a game at Haleyville. I am certainly not one to justify punching someone but when your flesh and blood is laying on the ground hurt (to who knows what degree), I am sure your emotions are all over the place.
Go to Top of Page

cwak
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

1261 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2019 :  00:02:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I typically sit on the home side for away games. All night North Jackson fans were complaining of Arab playing dirty. It was a bit of chippy game, some pushing after the play, but nothing too egregious. I'd seen worse in the past. Looked like N Jackson players were getting frustrated and give a shove or retaliate after the play to me. The game never looked like the referees let it get out of hand , but the home fans felt differently, and the idea was out there.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07