Ultimate Student Academy/ Rush Probst
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

spartan91
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

202 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2019 :  19:14:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://volswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/29/usa-academy-set-to-hire-rush-propst-as-head-coach/

Apparently this is a school that will be similar to IMG Academy. I'm having a hard time believing that they will start up as soon as they are saying.

spartan91
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

202 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2020 :  12:21:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.al.com/highschoolsports/2020/02/see-2020-schedule-for-new-private-hs-team-led-by-rush-propst.html
Go to Top of Page

spartan91
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

202 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  20:34:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, I am curious. Are you against USA because of their format or just because of Rush Probst?
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1402 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  07:04:38  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am taking a 'wait & see' attitude toward all this what will soon be drama. I cannot believe they can put together a program that will in any way compete with that schedule.

But, if they play games, we will add them to the website. Like Propst or hate him we cannot allow our emotions to get in the way of what will be history. Rush is an important part of the history of high school football in Alabama.

He is the best example of what happens when you sell your soul to the devil to win football games. But at least you know what you will get when you hire him.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

tidefan102
AHSFHS Moderator

792 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  08:03:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have nothing against Rush. I just don't think these kinds of programs are what high school football is about. Places like IMG come in a poach players off local high school teams.

Mike Naugher
Go to Top of Page

spartan91
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

202 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  21:33:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't necessarily agree with there format either, but like David said if they play games they should be included. Ignoring them wont make them not exist.

There is actually another prep school in Elmore County (Next Level Academy) that has baseball and is adding basketball for next season.

Also for years, Central Park Christian in Birmingham openly recruited and played other prep schools around the nation until this year when they dropped back to a traditional school and schedule.
Go to Top of Page

spartan91
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

202 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2020 :  18:27:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.al.com/highschoolsports/2020/02/rush-propst-leaves-usa-academy-wont-coach-new-schools-football-team.html
Go to Top of Page

spartan91
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

202 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2020 :  10:54:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did Covid knock this school out or what? I can't find any articles about it and don't remember hearing anything.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07