Other Sports
 Volleyball
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

dparker
Forum Admin

838 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2016 :  09:20:02  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have spent the last few weeks working to get as much volleyball information as I could find. I have added season records for many teams over the past 20 years especially the teams that reached the final eight.
So, the teams that consistently win will be complete or near complete. I also worked on the coaches and finding all the coaches with at least 400 wins. I think I have almost of those.

I am continuing to work on all the state champs for every sport. My goal is to find every state champion in every sport along with the coach, season record, their opponent in the championship game and the score of the game.
I am nearly complete with the state champions except for the AISA champs prior to about 1992 in sports other than basketball and baseball.

Any help with the AISA champions will be appreciated.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org

cwak
AHSFHS Superstar Researcher

745 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2017 :  21:52:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here is an article previewing the 2016 season for Etowah county teams with their 2015 coaches and records.

http://www.gadsdentimes.com/news/20160824/etowah-county-teams-gear-up-for-start-of-volleyball-season
Go to Top of Page

cwak

745 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2017 :  00:39:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2017 records

Alexandria Area & State Champ (44-9)
Lawrence County Area Champ Final Four (59-5)
Arab Area champ Final Four (37-15)
St. Pauls Area champ Final four (26-16)
Rehobeth Area champ Elite 8 (21-8)
Carroll Elite 8 (15-17)
St. John Paul II Area champ Elite 8 (21-31)
Brindlee Mtn (29-19)
Geraldine Area champ Final Four (47-12)
Montgomery Academy Area champ Final Four (42-13)
Carbon Hill Area champ Final Four (69-10)
Guntersville (25-19)
Albertville Area champ Elite 8 (35-22)
Douglas (10-24)
Boaz (32-19)
Crossville (19-23)
Scottsboro (6-10)
DAR Area champ (17-14)
Asbury (0-9)

Go to Top of Page

svmounties
AHSFHS Member

971 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2017 :  01:57:25  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hate compiling records for volleyball, and for that matter, softball. They never, ever, report all the results from tournaments. Even now, the results I have for my school are incomplete because of missing tournament results. I also like recording the actual set scores, and that's not easy because they like to report the set wins mostly, and not the actual set score. Saying someone won a set 2-0 doesn't say how close it was or how dominant they were. A 25-23, 25-19 match is a lot different than 25-9, 25-7. Sorry, I'm done venting, but that's one of my pet peeves.

Shane Paschal
Shades Valley High School
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !

Edited by - svmounties on 11/08/2017 01:58:17
Go to Top of Page

cwak

745 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2017 :  15:05:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah just that partial list took an afternoon and cross referencing multiple news sites filling in blanks for each one.
Go to Top of Page

svmounties
AHSFHS Member

971 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2017 :  21:54:09  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This day and time, there should be no excuse for results not to be posted and available. You'll have schools hold tournaments, and they'll make no effort to get results out there. Then if you have a team that's not good, they won't make any effort to post their results, and you're relying on their opponent to want to publicize their result. Each year, I'll be missing 3 to 5 results for volleyball, sometimes more. It never fails. And because of that, I don't like sending the seasonal record in, because it's not complete.

Shane Paschal
Shades Valley High School
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !
Go to Top of Page

tidefan102
AHSFHS Member

563 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2017 :  07:08:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shane I hear you. I have always said results should be called in to the paper so the kids will have something to look back on. My friends at the Anniston Star have told me that when it was an afternoon paper the sports department would call the schools that didn't report but now that its a morning paper they have to rely on the coach to call in the games that the paper doesn't cover.

Mike Naugher
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07