So help me out
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bs091880
Forum Member

52 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2024 :  07:11:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So will Bibb County get jumped again this week by an unranked team in the power rankings?

They beat a 6A school by 8 when they were favored by 2.
Then have a team jump them who isn't even in the top 10 and jumps to 2 beating a mid to upper 4A school.

Bibb County plays the #1 power rank in 3A this week.Lets see if they get the same love.

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

640 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2024 :  08:03:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is based on a formula. There is no personal bias involved. Don't take it so serious.

Twitter (Or X, whatever) @TheMUBM
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1434 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2024 :  08:31:46  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you listen to the podcast I explain that teams will jump all over the place early in the season.

West Morgan's 31-0 win over Randolph, a game they were only favored to win by 4, is considered more impressive than Bibb County's win over Chilton County 29-21 when the Choctaws were favored to win by 2. I know you will not agree with that statement but the Power Ratings are 100% impartial when it comes to making predictions and setting the top ten.

Randolph is expected to be a really good team this year. Their QB accounted for nearly 3,000 yards last year and was the Region 8 offensive player of the year. They returned most of their offense. And West Morgan shut them out. Pretty impressive I think.

The margin between teams in 4A is slim. The difference between the #3 team in Bibb County and the #10 team in BT Washington is less than 5 points. Teams will jump around for the first few weeks before settling down after about week 3. West Morgan is just one point ahead of Bibb County right now.

My advice is to simply accept the AHSFHS Power Ratings for what they are. A conversation piece and entertainment. No playoff spots and playoff wins are awarded by the power ratings. Things will begin to settle out in a few more weeks. That is why I do not post the top ten or release the actual numbers until after week 3.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

powerlineman
AHSFHS Forum Master

114 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2024 :  02:28:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bibb did not impress me against Clanton, too many penalties and the QB play could have been better. I see they lost in a shootout to Gordo tonight, they have some things to fix or it will be a quicker exit than last year
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07