Week 6 Upset Picks
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kodyaufan2
AHSFHS Moderator

266 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2024 :  12:56:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I missed really badly on some of my upset picks last week, so hopefully I can do better this week.

Bob Jones (-7) at Gadsden City--Bob Jones has been pretty impressive so far in 7A, but I just think there's too much talent on this Gadsden City team.

Homewood (-7) at Mountain Brook--I know Homewood is undefeated, but even in their two losses Mountain Brook has looked like a championship contender, and I don't think Homewood is there yet.

Georgiana (-10) at Sweet Water--Georgiana is still likely to end up as the 3rd place team in 1A Region 2 behind Elba and Brantley, and I just have a hard time believing that the top 3 teams in Region 2 end up being that much better than the top 3 teams in Region 1. Georgiana may win but I'll be pretty surprise if it's by multiple possessions.

Wadley (-7) vs Glenwood--Glenwood dominated Elba in Week 2, and while I do think Wadley is a more complete team than Elba and will keep it close, I'm leaning toward Glenwood.

NorthALBall
Forum Member

34 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2024 :  07:56:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't given upset picks yet, but I will give it a try.

Bob Jones (-7) at Gadsden City - I'm like you Kody, I feel like Bob Jones is solid but Gadsden City is too strong. Transitive property GC > Muscle Shoals > Florence > Bob Jones. Take it to the bank.

Hackleburg (-14) vs Phil Campbell - PC is 1-3 but those 3 teams are 10-2 that beat them. They hung tight with a very good Winfield team last week. I think they can be competitive tonight.

Westminster (-9) vs. Hatton - It is kind of weird to think of Hatton as a 4A team. Hatton has been confusing, beat Deshler out of the gate, competitive with Brooks, squeaked by a bad East Lawrence team, then as expected vs West Morgan. I think they can score with Westminster and keep this a close game.

A couple of quick gimmicks, I wouldn't even call upsets but the underdogs have a good chance of winning:
Randolph (-2) vs Pisgah
UMS-Wright (-3) vs T.R. Miller
Lauderdale County (-4) vs Brooks (If you had asked me this last week I'd say LCHS -10, but injuries continue to be a major issues. LC could have more starters on the sideline than on the field.)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07