Forums Home | Profile | Join | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Scores Project
 Game Scores
 Thursday's Ellwood Christian/ Sunshine forfeited

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
svmounties Posted - 09/12/2014 : 09:21:12
http://www.selmatimesjournal.com/2014/09/11/ellwood-christian-forced-to-forfeit-game-to-sunshine/

This is honestly the most stupidest reason for a forfeit I have ever heard. If this is the case, some computer nerd could hack into the AHSAA computers and make any team they want be forced to forfeit. What's to say it didn't happen now ? The AHSAA should have ways around that, because I'm sure just even 10 years ago it wasn't necessary to 'certify' players on the computer for 48 hours every week. Ridiculous.

Shane Paschal
Shades Valley High School
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
svmounties Posted - 09/12/2014 : 16:17:19
The story said Ellwood didn't get their lineups listed on the c2c site in the 48 hours required prior to a game, with their game with Sunshine being last night. So because of that, they were forced to forfeit the game, as that made all their players ineligible to play. That is the most stupidest reason for making a team forfeit. The AHSAA should work around that, especially if it's just some crazy electronic error, or something such as a coach forgetting to enter the lineup. Coaches have got more important things to do than to worry about putting a lineup in a computer program. And then to make the team forfeit ? That's just stupid. I could see computer nerds sabotaging Hoover, Vestavia, whoever for the benefit of their respective teams, if they knew they could do that. Here's the al.com story on it that redirected you to the Selma Times article, which for some reason now is missing, probably because it went into a lot more detail.

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/-4641958681308827717/ellwood-christian-forfeits-game-against-sunshine-blames-computer-error/

Shane Paschal
Shades Valley High School
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !
dparker Posted - 09/12/2014 : 15:13:17
The link did not work. What happened?

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org

AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07