Forums Home | Profile | Join | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 History of High School Football in Alabama
 General Discussion
 Games to Watch Round 3

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sloth Nationzz Posted - 11/18/2021 : 13:23:56
Good afternoon and welcome as we continue to have team's season end, we have teams who seasons are alive and well. We only have a few more teams, and that number will shrink again after this week so let us get to the games!

7A: Auburn vs Central Phenix City
Please go revisit one of my previous article's in which I told you these two would meet once again in November. The first time these two teams met, CPC dominated Auburn, even though the scoreboard said 21-7 it could've been much worse. However it is well known that it is very difficult to defeat a team twice in one season. CPC just destroyed Theodore, and Auburn destroyed Enterprise after struggling with them in the regular season. Both teams are at their best right now so this should be a great game. My Prediction: Auburn just hasn't been as consistent as CPC this season and CPC will send Auburn home, and get a chance for revenge after an embarrassing 2019 title loss against the Thompson Warriors. Central Phenix City wins 28-21.

6A: Mountain Brook vs Pinson Valley
Last season I picked Mountain Brook to make the state title game. Well they made it to the Semi's and lost to... Pinson Valley. Pinson isn't as good as they were a year ago. Mountain Brook I could argue is better than last season. They have only allowed 96 points this season and 51 of those came against Thompson. I think Mountain Brook is the last team that could take down Clay-Chalkville. Pinson has had a great run this post season, as I thought they would lose to Muscle Shoals. My Prediction: Mountain Brook will get their revenge and get ready for the 6A game of the year. Mountain Brook wins, 21-14.

5A: UMS Wright vs Andalusia
I have said it once, and I will say it again, 5A has been the most confusing class all year long. Andalusia taking care of Demopolis was what I expected. Then I thought UMS would do the same with Greenville, who I thought was very overrated. Well Greenville gave UMS everything they had, which stunned me. UMS vs Andalusia has became a rivalry that had cooled off after the teams went to other regions. But the playoffs have reignited this long rivalry which UMS has dominated except for one night in 2017. None of the games were blowouts, always close games, always great football. My Prediction: UMS goes to Andalusia and takes down the Bulldogs in another close game, maybe they will be in the same region when Reclassification comes out next month. UMS wins 14-7.

4A: American Christian vs Vigor
This game is the definition of a coin flip game. I am not sure who will win this because both teams are really good with one really good loss. I thought American Christian was not good after their loss to Parker. Turned out that Parker is a very good team this season, and they only lost by 1 point. Vigor lost to St.Pauls, no shame in that. I will be watching this game on the NFHS network. My Prediction: American Christian will fall to the Vigor Wolves to set up a great rematch... Yes I am picking Jackson to upset Handley, I seem to be the only one giving Jackson a chance. Vigor wins a great game, 36-35.

3A: Saks vs Fyffe
I put this game so I didn't pick a Winfield game two weeks in a row. Saks has one loss and it was to Piedmont early in the season. Fyffe has one loss to Geraldine, who lost in the first round. I am very intrigued by this game because I want to see which team wants it more. Fyffe has been there before. Saks I think could've won it all back in 2017 when they made it to the semi's. Can Saks make it back to the semifinals to get revenge for their 2017 defeat? Or will Fyffe win and have a semifinals matchup against the Piedmont Bulldogs? We shall see. My Prediction: Fyffe will win a close game 21-16.

2A: Mars Hill vs Spring Garden
It is finally here, the 2A matchup we've been waiting for all year. We can finally see if Mars Hill will be stopped by Spring Garden, or if Mars Hill is on their way to a rematch from 2019 against Lanett. I have been on Spring Garden all year long and I am not stopping now. My Prediction: Spring Garden spoils Mars Hill chance to repeat and goes onto play Lanett in the title game. Spring Garden wins in OT 34-31.

1A: Sweet Water vs Maplesville
Sweet Water was challenged in the first game of the season. Ever since then they have crushed everyone in their path. Maplesville was similar except they lost to a 4A team in Montevallo who is not bad at all. Since then they haven't been playing as well as before. They almost lost to Linden, who had a struggling season. I think Maplesville's season is going to end this Friday. My Prediction: I think Sweet Water will dominate and make a statement with Maplesville. Sweet Water wins 35-7.

That is all for this week! For next week we will have an extra game since there will be no 7A game, I will just pick a random game from any classification and call it the Wild Card. I look forward to writing on Thanksgiving, have a good one!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TheMUBM Posted - 11/18/2021 : 20:03:04
Shoals Area. Only two teams left

4A Brooks vs Oneonta

These two teams have only met once. Brooks hosted and had an awful defensive gameplan that Oneonta exposed. To be clear, Oneonta has a great coaching staff. They have went more run oriented due to personell, which may give Brooks trouble. I was hoping to see Gordo this round, even with Tanner Bailey, because Brooks secondary is legit. This game could go many ways. I see Oneonta pushing Brooks with long drives that eat time, but Brooks opportunistic defense makes some plays and their offense rolls. Close late, but Brooks pulls away 48 to 29.

2a Mars Hill vs Spring Garden

I had Spring Garden as my 2a North champion from the beginning. I am not moving away from that. Mars Hill has had a lot of injuries this year but there isn't a better Qb in 2a than Hanson and there isn't a better athlete in 2A than Thompson, but the supporting cast just isn't there for Mars Hill. I won't surprised if they win because they have the best coaching staff in this area, but I am picking Spring Garden. 31-22
Sloth Nationzz Posted - 11/18/2021 : 17:02:22
Kody and I have become Keith biggest fans on this website this season haha! I agree though, I think Brantley ends their fairytale season
kodyaufan2 Posted - 11/18/2021 : 16:26:39
7A: Thompson at Hoover
I appreciate you leaving me the low-hanging fruit that is this now seemingly annual semifinal rematch. The obvious question is whether or not Thompson's QB returns for this one, but I like the Warriors to pull it out regardless. If he plays, it'll get ugly like last year.
Pick: Thompson wins 31-21

6A: Hueytown vs Opelika
I'm really looking forward to this matchup. I haven't been sold on Hueytown all year. They have an amazing offense, but I refuse to believe a team can win a state championship just by relying on their offense to score 50 every week. They have to have an off week eventually, and Opelika is good enough to make things difficult.
Pick: Opelika wins 36-33

5A: Pike Road at Faith Academy
I've had faith in Faith (no pun intended) since the playoffs started to make it this far. If they win this one, I'll pick them over UMS-Wright next week as well. I'm still not sure exactly how good Pike Road is, but I certainly expect their offense to keep them in any game they'll play.
Pick: Pike Road wins 35-27

4A: Oneonta at Brooks
I called Oneonta making a deep playoff run. Every few years they have a team that has a quietly strong regular season but makes a deep playoff run. Brooks, although unbeaten, has been a bit overlooked all year because of their sub-par region, but they've emerged as a legitimate title threat in a pretty wide-open Class 4A. Also, I'd pick Handley, but Jackson definitely has a shot.
Pick: Brooks wins 28-19

3A: Winfield at Piedmont
I'll start by saying that I fully expect Fyffe to dominate Saks. The scoreboard may not show it at the end, but I expect Fyffe to be on cruise control for most of that one. I think Winfield will stay in this game longer, but it will ultimately have the same result. Fyffe and Piedmont just have too much experience in these moments.
Pick: Piedmont wins 46-28

2A: Clarke County at B.B. Comer
I'm going to make this bold prediction now since my original championship pick, Elba, lost last week. The winner of this game will win the state championship. All eyes are on the game in Florence, but the two teams in this game are just as good, if not better, than those two. Plus, B.B. Comer led Lanett for a lot of the game earlier in the year and very nearly won.
Pick: Clarke County wins 34-28 in OT

1A: Brantley at Keith
I think this is the game we've all been hoping to see. Everyone's favorite underdog, Keith, is finally getting to show what they've got against one of the big dogs in 1A. Brantley is coming off their second straight undefeated regular season, while Keith just advanced to the quarterfinals for the first time. I think it stays fairly competitive, but the Cinderella ride finally comes to an end.
Pick: Brantley wins 40-26

AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07