Forums Home | Profile | Join | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 History of High School Football in Alabama
 General Discussion
 Mr. Alabama 2023 Prospects

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GiglnTiger Posted - 08/21/2023 : 10:07:02
Who are the prospects and who are the sleepers for Mr. Alabama 2023 consideration? Lets here your thoughts and opinions.

Only one comes to mind for me thats within my coverage area. His name is Jim Ogle from 4As Jacksonville Golden Eagles. Senior Ogle enters his 3rd year as the starting QB and currently has 5 D1 offers and is currently committed to Troy University.

Ogle really isnt a sleeper or flying under the radar. If youre within the surrounding Calhoun County area then youre already aware of how talented this kid is. Ogle thru for nearly 2,500 yards & 28 touchdowns last year (Ogle had a few games where he only got to play a half because of the lopsided score all the while being in a run first offense). More notable he totaled 372 yards (against Handley) & 426 yards (against Montgomery Catholic) two of 4A's top programs and defenses. Ogle also became more of a threat from a scramblers perspective compared to his sophomore year, I only expect him to build on that to make him a better passing threat.

As long as Jim remains healthy, Jacksonville will win their region and make a deep playoff run and I look to see him in the running for the Mr. Alabama discussion.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

2003 Class 2A State Champions

2017 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1998 Class 3A State Runner-Ups,
1984 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1979 Class 2A State Runner-Ups
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TheMUBM Posted - 08/22/2023 : 10:36:17
I agree about larger schools getting most of the eyes and the big D1 recruits also. The kid at Oneonta is a force. Da'Marion "Fluff" Bothwell. I saw him play a couple of times last year. He is electric. He had 44 TD's last year and rushed for over 3100 yards. Check out some of his highlights on Hudl.
BamaJoe Posted - 08/22/2023 : 10:07:26
quote:
Originally posted by GiglnTiger

quote:
Originally posted by kodyaufan2

Ogle is a great candidate. As you said, being in a run-first offense is what will likely keep him from being a serious contender, though.

My pre-season pick to win the award would probably be Alvin Henderson from Elba, although I wouldn't consider him a sleeper since he is 4 Star and committed to Auburn.

Keep an eye on Rykelus Robertson from Vincent. He's probably too far out of the spotlight to win it, but after watching his film I'm convinced you won't find a better player pound-for-pound in the state. He's one of the few guys that aren't either in a metro area or already on recruiting boards that I think could win it depending on how the season plays out for his team.

As much as I would love to see the smaller classification athletes win such a worthy award, and after last years Jack Haynes not even getting recognized as a potential candidate after a year of breaking practically every state record and looking back on his entire career and getting snubbed, I hope we dont see something like that again.

Ive come to believe it all comes down to which athlete gets the best D1 offer and how much the media coverage (Birmingham News) spot lights them.

BB Comers QB would be a great candidate especially if they can make another finals run and possibly win it all. Elbas Henderson is a solid pick. Dont know a thing about Vincents Robertson but I will definitely keep an eye out.

At this point, Id be interested in seeing a Mr. Football by classification.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

I agree with everything you said. However, I think BB Comer RB is the best guy for the award. He is a man among boys.

Go Eagles!
GiglnTiger Posted - 08/21/2023 : 13:31:09
quote:
Originally posted by kodyaufan2

Ogle is a great candidate. As you said, being in a run-first offense is what will likely keep him from being a serious contender, though.

My pre-season pick to win the award would probably be Alvin Henderson from Elba, although I wouldn't consider him a sleeper since he is 4 Star and committed to Auburn.

Keep an eye on Rykelus Robertson from Vincent. He's probably too far out of the spotlight to win it, but after watching his film I'm convinced you won't find a better player pound-for-pound in the state. He's one of the few guys that aren't either in a metro area or already on recruiting boards that I think could win it depending on how the season plays out for his team.

As much as I would love to see the smaller classification athletes win such a worthy award, and after last years Jack Haynes not even getting recognized as a potential candidate after a year of breaking practically every state record and looking back on his entire career and getting snubbed, I hope we dont see something like that again.

Ive come to believe it all comes down to which athlete gets the best D1 offer and how much the media coverage (Birmingham News) spot lights them.

BB Comers QB would be a great candidate especially if they can make another finals run and possibly win it all. Elbas Henderson is a solid pick. Dont know a thing about Vincents Robertson but I will definitely keep an eye out.

At this point, Id be interested in seeing a Mr. Football by classification.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

kodyaufan2 Posted - 08/21/2023 : 11:23:12

AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07