Forums Home | Profile | Join | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 History of High School Football in Alabama
 General Discussion
 Week 1 games to watch

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BamaJoe Posted - 08/28/2023 : 06:27:28
I don't get to check in on games from all over the state much because I still have one playing. However, there are a few games around here that are very note worthy this week.

Geraldine vs Fyffe This one could be a prelude of things to come. General consensus in our area is that Fyffe, Geraldine, and Sylvania all have legit chances to make it to the semi-finals and beyond. This early season test will tell us a lot about both teams. Fyffe lost a lot and Geraldine returns a lot. It may matter and it may not. We will find out Friday

Lexington vs Pisgah-This game was a replacement for both teams due to Lindsey Lane canceling football last year. Let me say that both teams had better seasons for it in my opinion. Pisgah won a barn burner over in Lexington last year. 3 costly turnovers and a strong run game hurt Pisgah and Lexington got out to an early 28-7 lead. In the second half Pisgah found it's way and it's passing game and the defense got some timely stops to allow a big comeback.

Priceville vs Fairview I am really not sure what to make of Priceville. I thought they were supposed to be a team to watch out for this year but they lost to Plainview. By all accounts Plainview is a year away. They are very young and were not supposed to be very good this year. Yet, they beat Priceville. I am kind of keeping an eye on this one to see if Plainview is better than expected or is Priceville not as good as what was predicted.

Gadsden City vs Hewitt-Trussville Are they who we thought they were? To borrow a little bit from the late great Dennis Green. This is a big test for a G city team that seems to be much improved. Are they ready to announce their arrival?

Go Eagles!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mcslate Posted - 08/28/2023 : 15:59:29
I thought Priceville might take a small step back this year but still believed they could get by Plainview. Perhaps Pruitt already has the Bears rebuilt again? I still like the Bulldogs to win the Region again since it looks like everybody took a step back. 4A Region 8 went 0-6 last week with New Hope and North Jackson not playing.

Last year's game with Fairview was a shootout with Priceville winning in the final minute. While Priceville may have graduated several key players Eli Frost is back for the Aggies who ran for 300+ yards on them. Not sure what else Fairview has (we all know Columbia's struggles) though I'd be surprised if they don't start off the Bulldogs at 0-2.
Bum Pickins Posted - 08/28/2023 : 14:02:08
The Plainview/ Priceville game really shocked me. They might can make the playoffs this year after all.
TheMUBM Posted - 08/28/2023 : 12:06:37
I will say this about Priceville. I think they will still make the playoffs. I don't have them winning that region this year. That last two years they have graduated off some really good upperclassme, namely Xander Gaines & Mason Cartee. That is a large hit to both offense and defense and special teams for them.

AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07