Forums Home | Profile | Join | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 History of High School Football in Alabama
 General Discussion
 Week 2 Impressions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
TheMUBM Posted - 09/02/2023 : 18:36:33
Again, this is from games I saw or listened to.

Thursday:

Rogers vs. Lauderdale County

Lauderdale County is going to be a tough out. I know they are in the region with Mars Hill but if they can force people to play their game, as they have done for 6 quarters of 8 this year, then they are dangerous. They put together multiple 7+ minute drives against Rogers and just broke their will. Hamm, Mason and Christensen should be called the Framing company, because they lay the lumber on defense.

Rogers came in with a lot of hype after a pretty good showing last year and adding standout Damian Thompson from Mars Hill. Unfortunately things haven't worked out so well and despite Rogers attempt to heavily lean on Thompson, they haven't had significant offensive production. I don't like to speculate on injuries, but I know Thompson was hurt against LCHS and I have heard it may be a significant injury. Could be a big blow to Rogers season.

Ramsay vs. Parker

This was a classic. I really thought Parker would pull away but Ramsay never would let them. Ramsay had a lot of trouble moving the ball for the first half. They made a QB change late in the game (not sure if it was injury related or not) but Tremell Washington was able to move the offense down the field. I know they have played two 6A schools and two good programs but they haven't had the offensive production I thought they would thus far. But I still like them in 5A North, especially with Reese and Wynn on defense. Those guys are beasts.

Friday Night:

Huntsville vs Oxford

Huntsville came out in the first half and played really well. They looked like the team I picked to win the region. They had a lot of productive drives but couldn't seem to finish. Oxford took advantage and took control of the game. Oxford will be a tough out in 6A. Their passing game is strong with a lot of production coming out of the slot. Huntsville has to learn to finish drives if they want to compete. Huntsville will, IMO, get a playoff spot in R4, but after the way Florence's defense played against a high powered Muscle Shoals, they are going to have to fight for second.

Brooks vs. Mars Hill

Get used to this, if there is a Brooks game I can watch or listen to, it will always be included. That is who I pull for. Brooks played really well. There were a few drives Brooks didn't finish that could've possibly made a difference, but you're playing an absolute powerhouse. I was worried Brooks wouldn't be able to move the ball on the ground against Mars Hill and their huge D-Line, but most of Brooks production came from RB Seth Walton and QB Garrett Burrough running the ball. Brooks had over 400 yards of offense against Mars Hill. Brooks just announced themselves as a home game playoff contender.

Mars Hill is Mars Hill. What do you say? Darrell Higgins has built a monster program over there. Probably be moving up to 4A next year (not excited about that). Dobbs and Hansen were standouts as always. I don't see many teams stopping them. However, I would be concerned with how much yardage they gave up to Brooks. If they are going to compete with Madison Academy, Geraldine, Piedmont, Sylvania, Winfield and Gordo, they are going to have to shore up that defense. If there is one coaching staff that I believe can do that, it's Higgins and his guys. Should be an exciting season.

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GiglnTiger Posted - 09/02/2023 : 19:36:08
Something that caught my eyes is my teams region (3AR4). Last year they seemed strong. Years prior RC, Wellborn & Saks when they was in the region with Piedmont was all strong. If you would have told me that this region would be 3-9 after two weeks with only 1 undefeated team I would have called you crazy. With that being said, RC is pretty legit but with the weak region, I?m afraid when playoffs come they could have more of a fight on their hands sooner than later.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

2003 Class 2A State Champions

2017 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1998 Class 3A State Runner-Ups,
1984 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1979 Class 2A State Runner-Ups

AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.01 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07