Forums Home | Profile | Join | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 History of High School Football in Alabama
 General Discussion
 Reactions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
TheMUBM Posted - 09/16/2023 : 14:20:53
7A:

I said at the first of the year that I thought Florence would have a really good D, but may struggle on offense. That has proven true. I also said that after Austin beat Hartselle and Fuqua had a big day that no one in 7A R4 would touch Austin. Austin has subsequently lost by 3 to Sparkman and by 13 to Florence, proving I don't know jack. And now looking back and seeing Florence held Muscle Shoals to 9 points is even more of an indicator that their D is for real. 7A R4 is up for grabs.

6A:

I thought this year would be a grind between Hartselle ("hartsull" for David) Athens and Muscle Shoals. I have heard people say this may be Basdens best team at Muscle Shoals. Living in this area, I have heard this before. But I think it may be true this year. Athens has a really good QB and athletes all over the field. It was 31-21 at half then Muscle Shoals took over. Hartselle may give them a fight but it's going to be a tough go.

5A:

Thing that surprised me here, and probably surprised everyone was how bad Ramsay beat Pleasant Grove. Also surprised that Charles Henderson lost to Carroll. I know we have Central Clay lurking in the shadows, but is 5A Ramsay and everyone else?

4A:

Cherokee County doubled up Oneonta. My alma mater is 4a so that is what I pay the most attention to. I said there were two tiers in 4A North. Tier 1 was Cherokee County, Oneonta and Dora, and West Morgan was alone in tier 2. After this week, I think I agree with some other prognosticators on this site that Cherokee County is alone at tier 1.

3A:

Was a little surprised how Geraldine struggled with Hokes Bluff. But someone posted on here that that could be a trap game. More information has come out on this message board that Geraldine had some significant injuries. I think 3A North is wide open, but I would give the edge to Mars Hill or Sylvania.

2A:

Not a lot to report on here, but I keep being super impressed with Pisgah and their dominance. I still like Comer to win this thing but Pisgah is taking no prisoners right now. Have you a moment BamaJoe!

1A:

Couple of things here. I picked Elba in the south. I think they are super dangerous. The BSG have talked about how Brantley may be overrated. Not sure if this is Brantley being overrated or just how dominant Elba is.

And the biggest shock of the night comes from Coosa Christian and Decatur Heritage. Decatur Heritage has played really well and has one of the best backs in north Alabama. And although I picked Coosa to win the north, I thought they may lose this game. Coosa dominated. They dominated so much so that when I sent the score the BSG group text, we needed confirmation, which I found on Decatur Heritage's facebook.

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kodyaufan2 Posted - 09/17/2023 : 18:34:40
quote:
Originally posted by GiglnTiger

quote:
Originally posted by TheMUBM

3A:

Was a little surprised how Geraldine struggled with Hokes Bluff. But someone posted on here that that could be a trap game. More information has come out on this message board that Geraldine had some significant injuries. I think 3A North is wide open, but I would give the edge to Mars Hill or Sylvania.

I think everybody in that region is better than they'll get credit for. I said in our BSG group chat Friday night that I think that's the deepest region I've ever seen. Every team in it, except for maybe Glencoe, is good enough to win a playoff game if they get there. Most of the teams would finish top 2 in any other region.

I didn?t know Geraldine was injury riddled when I made that trap call. I think Hokes Bluff is better than what people are crediting them for.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

2003 Class 2A State Champions

2017 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1998 Class 3A State Runner-Ups,
1984 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1979 Class 2A State Runner-Ups

GiglnTiger Posted - 09/17/2023 : 09:15:41
quote:
Originally posted by TheMUBM

3A:

I didn?t know Geraldine was injury riddled when I made that trap call. I think Hokes Bluff is better than what people are crediting them for.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

2003 Class 2A State Champions

2017 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1998 Class 3A State Runner-Ups,
1984 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1979 Class 2A State Runner-Ups
TheMUBM Posted - 09/16/2023 : 20:09:16
quote:
Originally posted by mcslate

I think Austin should have been the leader of the pack at this point. They won it last year and had enough returning. Just doesn't seem like the same team that beat Hartselle. It was first game of the year and Hartselle had a rebuilding offense, maybe that Austin game was just some growing pains for the Tigers and they are getting better. Who knows.

This region is up in the air. Florence has a great defense. James Clemens is the wild card.
TheMUBM Posted - 09/16/2023 : 20:07:18
I understand, but we are pulling for you.
mcslate Posted - 09/16/2023 : 20:06:15
I think Austin should have been the leader of the pack at this point. They won it last year and had enough returning. Just doesn't seem like the same team that beat Hartselle. It was first game of the year and Hartselle had a rebuilding offense, maybe that Austin game was just some growing pains for the Tigers and they are getting better. Who knows.
BamaJoe Posted - 09/16/2023 : 19:56:42
Our moment isn?t here yet brother! I am keeping a low profile on here for a bit. I am a bit superstitious I don?t want to jinx us. I am still reading and following this board daily. All I will say about our team here is we have legit speed.

You are correct about Geraldine they have had some injuries.

Go Eagles!

AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07