Forums Home | Profile | Join | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 History of High School Football in Alabama
 General Discussion
 Reactions Oct 12 and 13

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hthe3 Posted - 10/14/2023 : 08:56:18
Naturally after I talk about Trinity flying under the radar and STJ's defense being suspect, STJ smashes Trinity. Maybe I'm still thinking of Ragsdale era Trinity where STJ or other schools having better players didn't matter, but Coach Posey had his guys ready and put them in a position to be successful.

I am getting curious, however, if KJ Jackson stays committed to Arkansas or if he looks elsewhere based on how the Dan Enos experiment is going there.

Little surprised Catholic didn't break 40, but another shutout remains impressive. ACA could win out - their biggest challenge looks like Southside Selma.

MA got smoked by BTW. I think MA is still a 2-3 year rebuild, but I'll be concerned if they can't put it together against Slocomb and Geneva. From the games I've seen, I'm still not too impressed by their OC's run schemes.

Weird happening with this game was that BTW apparently messed something up so a ref crew was never sent until quite late. Still, BTW is good and will probable give whatever 2 seed plays them a serious fight.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TheMUBM Posted - 10/14/2023 : 12:52:07
7A: Agree with Mcslate here about R4. I know this region matches up against 3 and probably won't have a lot of success in the postseason, but man other than Grissom and Albertville, this region is pure chaos. I emphatically said "Austin is far and away the best in this region" after they beat Hartselle. After I said that, they went on to lose two of their next three. I can't figure this region out.

In BSG I really thought hard about picking Hewitt, but I couldn't pull the trigger. They have always seemed to falter in huge games. But man they didn't disappoint last night.

6A: Parker/Mountain Brook, game for the ages. It seems every week there is at least one amazing game in 6A top 10. This was it this week. Was a little surprised Hartselle struggled with Athens as much as they did. Poor Huffman.

5A: Nothing really stood out to me in 5A. Although to piggyback on Mcslate's comments, I can't see Fairview having an answer for Phinizee at Russellville.

4A: Most everything went according to plan, but as someone who was extremely high on Dora in the preseason, I was shocked to see them give up 40 to Hamilton last night. I know they won 62-40, and I don't know the whole circumstances of the scores, but Hamilton is really bad.

And although I thought Priceville was vastly overrated, I thought they'd handle NJHS with ease. Last night in our group chat, I asked Kody, Sloth and David "I am seeing 40-8 NJ, this has to be wrong. Can anyone get a confirmation?"

3A: I said last week to keep an eye on Trinity, apparently St. James had many eyes on them and said "nah, we're good." Huge Mars Hill Lauderdale County game looming next week. Tighten your chinstraps boys, there will be some hitting in that game.

2A: I have been very high on Tanner all year. Imagine my surprise last night while at the Brooks/Rogers game, checking my phone and seeing Lexington 34 Tanner 8. Did they start the second string? Next thing I know, it's 64-34 Tanner. Sulligent continues to impress. I figured they had a good shot to beat a very good Lamar County team, but they absolutely boatraced them.

1A: Coosa... who hurt you?
mcslate Posted - 10/14/2023 : 09:49:22
I need someone to explain how North Jackson beat Priceville 40 to 8.

Go home 7A Region 4, you're drunk. Austin starting to look like the team that beat Hartselle we expected. They beat likely region winner James Clemens. Bob Jones making a surprising push as well knocking off Sparkman.

I've gotten a close look at Russellville and Fairview the last two weeks for their eventual showdown for the Region title. Could be wrong but I like Russellville. Just don't think the Aggies have the right matchups to exploit Russellville's soft spots.

AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07