Forums Home | Profile | Join | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 History of High School Football in Alabama
 General Discussion
 4a region 5 three way tiebreaker

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dawgfan09 Posted - 10/18/2023 : 20:00:48
This is making an assumption that Hayleville beats corner and all win games theyre favored in

Dora

8-2 (6-1) losses to 3a winfied and 4a corner. wins over 5a St. Clair,4a Oneonta,

Corner

9-1 (6-1) loss to Hayleville. Wins over 5a hayden and st clair county

Hayleville

8-2 (6-1) wins over 4a rogers. Losses to 3a winfield and 4a dora.

So how would the tie breaker work. I know theres more vaule on beating teams in a higher classifiction
bc
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TheMUBM Posted - 11/02/2023 : 22:52:24
So right now Corner has 9 will likely end up that way.

Dora has 7, still waiting on that Springville game, will likely end up 10.

Haleyville has 3, could feasibly get 4, and if they beat West Morgan that's another 9, but that isn't likely.

I still like Dora's chances, but crazier things have happened.

Twitter (Or X, whatever) @TheMUBM
dawgfan09 Posted - 11/02/2023 : 22:26:41
Corner beat Hayden and MJ beat fultomdale

bc
TheMUBM Posted - 10/28/2023 : 02:24:06
I meant st Clair numbers still the same.

dawgfan09 Posted - 10/28/2023 : 00:49:26
quote:
Originally posted by dawgfan09

This is making an assumption that Hayleville beats corner and all win games theyre favored in

Dora

8-2 (6-1) losses to 3a winfied and 4a corner. wins over 5a St. Clair,4a Oneonta,

Corner

Hayleville

So how would the tie breaker work. I know theres more vaule on beating teams in a higher classifiction
bc

From what ive seen. If the expected happens next friday which is

Dora > st clair
West Morgan > Hayleville
Corner > hayden

The region will finsh

Dora
Hayleville
Corner

bc
dawgfan09 Posted - 10/28/2023 : 00:45:32
quote:
Originally posted by TheMUBM

**********I looked at something wrong so I have edited below*********

Right now Dora, Corner and Haleyville are all tied and play an equal number of games. So we go to non-region defeated opponent victories, 2 classes below or classes above. Tie Breaker L.

Dora:
Right now Dora has defeated Oneonta so that's worth 7 points and can't gain anymore because Oneonta's regular season is over. They could also get 3 for beating Springville (assuming they beat them next week.)

So they either will end with 10 or 7. Likely 10.

Corner:
Defeated St Clair County, has 3 so far, could be 4 if SCCHS beats Dora (not likely).

4 from defeating Fultondale. Could get 5 if Fultondale beats Mortimer Jordan (not likely)

Could get 2 if they defeat Hayden (likely). Likely they will end up with 9.

Haleyville:
Has 3 from Rogers victory. Could feasibly get 4. Could get 9 if they defeat West Morgan. Anything can happen but unless Drew Phillips starts his 3rd string, Haleyville ain't beating West Morgan. Best case scenario, Haleyville finishes with 4.

So if this plays out, then you have Dora with 10, Corner with 9 and Haleyville with 4.

That would put Dora 1. Then second and third would be resolved by head to head, and Haleyville beat Corner so Haleyville would get second and Corner 3rd.

Of course all of this could change if my assumptions are wrong. And as Samuel L Jackson says in the movie Long Kiss Goodnight, when you makes assumptions you make an a** out of you and mption.

Dora doesnt play springville next week they play st clair county

bc
TheMUBM Posted - 10/27/2023 : 23:03:47
**********I looked at something wrong so I have edited below*********

Right now Dora, Corner and Haleyville are all tied and play an equal number of games. So we go to non-region defeated opponent victories, 2 classes below or classes above. Tie Breaker L.

Dora:
Right now Dora has defeated Oneonta so that's worth 7 points and can't gain anymore because Oneonta's regular season is over. They could also get 3 for beating Springville (assuming they beat them next week.)

So they either will end with 10 or 7. Likely 10.

Corner:
Defeated St Clair County, has 3 so far, could be 4 if SCCHS beats Dora (not likely).

4 from defeating Fultondale. Could get 5 if Fultondale beats Mortimer Jordan (not likely)

Could get 2 if they defeat Hayden (likely). Likely they will end up with 9.

Haleyville:
Has 3 from Rogers victory. Could feasibly get 4. Could get 9 if they defeat West Morgan. Anything can happen but unless Drew Phillips starts his 3rd string, Haleyville ain't beating West Morgan. Best case scenario, Haleyville finishes with 4.

So if this plays out, then you have Dora with 10, Corner with 9 and Haleyville with 4.

That would put Dora 1. Then second and third would be resolved by head to head, and Haleyville beat Corner so Haleyville would get second and Corner 3rd.

Of course all of this could change if my assumptions are wrong. And as Samuel L Jackson says in the movie Long Kiss Goodnight, when you makes assumptions you make an a** out of you and mption.

dawgfan09 Posted - 10/27/2023 : 21:36:46
quote:

Dora

Corner

Hayleville

bc

Hayleville 32 corner 13

Dora,Hayleville,
& Corner all finish at 6-1 in the region

bc
dawgfan09 Posted - 10/27/2023 : 20:01:54
quote:

Dora

Corner

Hayleville

bc

Hayleville is up 19-0 over corner at HT

bc
dparker Posted - 10/18/2023 : 20:45:21
Still too much football to be played to be certain. But I will tell you a couple of things. If what you say plays out and Haleyville beats Dora and each team wins their remaining games then here's how I see it.

We would likely go to tie-breaker "L" which uses the wins for each defeated opponent since all 3 teams played 3 non-region games. Haleyville would be out first with just 2 points for their win over Rogers.

Dora would likely end up with 9 points for wins over Oneonta (7) and St. Clair Co. (2).

Corner would end up with 8 or 9 points depending on how the last three games play out for their opponents. They defeated St. Clair Co. (2), Fultondale (2 or 3) and Hayden (3).

Now those numbers can go up or down depending on which teams win the last few games. If Corner and Dora end up with the same number of points the tie-breaker goes to Corner since they beat Dora.

The only way Dora wins the region is to have more points than Corner so they need Hanceville and Good Hope to beat Corner to break the possible tie for points with Corner.

Honestly you need to just wait a couple more weeks and see what happens. One week at a time. A lot can and will change in three weeks.

I just did a quick look at this but it is how I see it today.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org

AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07