Forums Home | Profile | Join | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 History of High School Football in Alabama
 General Discussion
 JSU Gamecocks

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GiglnTiger Posted - 10/20/2023 : 14:17:23
I dont know if anyones been following JSU since their move up to the fbs level. Theyve been looking pretty solid and look to be bowl eligible in their first year.

Side note: a college catergory (even if its just for NCAA teams within the state) would be something id like to see added.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

2003 Class 2A State Champions

2017 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1998 Class 3A State Runner-Ups,
1984 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1979 Class 2A State Runner-Ups
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kodyaufan2 Posted - 10/21/2023 : 11:05:36
quote:
Originally posted by TheMUBM

It's such an arbitrary and stupid rule.

Twitter (Or X, whatever) @TheMUBM

Yes it is. It makes sense that there would be a transition period for moving down a division, but there's no reason to not be eligible when moving up a division.
GiglnTiger Posted - 10/20/2023 : 15:28:45
quote:
Originally posted by kodyaufan2

In theory yes they are bowl eligible, but by NCAA rule they are ineligible for the postseason their first two years in FBS. James Madison is currently in that same category despite being undefeated and likely being ranked next week. The only way either of these teams can play in a bowl game this year will be if there aren't enough 6-win teams to fill all the bowl slots.

Now, James Madison is currently in the appeals process and trying to get their state government involved in getting the NCAA to grant them a waiver for the post season, in which case they'd probably give JSU one as well, but it doesn't look like the NCAA is going to budge on the issue.

Ahhh that makes perfect sense. Thanks for that information.

I remember R.R. telling my son and I, 2 years ago at a training camp about them moving up to fbs and all the renovations the stadium was about to make. Theres definitely a lot of growth and change going on at JSU.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

2003 Class 2A State Champions

2017 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1998 Class 3A State Runner-Ups,
1984 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1979 Class 2A State Runner-Ups
TheMUBM Posted - 10/20/2023 : 14:58:47
It's such an arbitrary and stupid rule.

Twitter (Or X, whatever) @TheMUBM
kodyaufan2 Posted - 10/20/2023 : 14:57:31
In theory yes they are bowl eligible, but by NCAA rule they are ineligible for the postseason their first two years in FBS. James Madison is currently in that same category despite being undefeated and likely being ranked next week. The only way either of these teams can play in a bowl game this year will be if there aren't enough 6-win teams to fill all the bowl slots.

Now, James Madison is currently in the appeals process and trying to get their state government involved in getting the NCAA to grant them a waiver for the post season, in which case they'd probably give JSU one as well, but it doesn't look like the NCAA is going to budge on the issue.

AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07