Forums Home | Profile | Join | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 History of High School Football in Alabama
 General Discussion
 Reactions 10/20/23

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
TheMUBM Posted - 10/21/2023 : 16:41:51
7A:

CPC is just that much better than anyone in the south. What happened with Hewitt? Did they just relax? I mean that was a shocker. Congrats Spain Park. R4 I am done with you, all you do is cause chaos. Get your bleep together.

6A:

I am going to keep saying it. 6A is Saraland and everyone else. There are great stories out there, Hillcrest, Helena, Muscle Shoals, Clay Chalkville. But I personally don't think anyone will challenge them. BUT if Clay meets them in the finals, I would want to see that. And Hartselle I am going to quit keeping up with you if you keep doing this, making me stress every week.

5A:

Demopolis dominated and I didn't think they would, but 5A South IMO is Central Clay and everyone else, unless Charles Henderson wakes up. 5A North is coming out of R5. The only team that has a chance against them (Ramsay and Pleasant Grove) is Russellville. Cam Phinizee is a special back and John Ritter is a great coach.

4A:

Andy, Handley and Jackson seem to be the front runners. I don't know anyone who saw Jackson making this run, but I'd put them as the favorite. North Cherokee Co and everyone else. Only team I see giving them the problems in West Morgan with Fletcher and Moseley.

3A:

South is wide open, but I am leaning toward Mobile Christian. This game coming up against Thomasville will give us a lot of insight. Walter Welborn has come out of nowhere. North is wide open too. I think the rep comes from R6. But Lauderdale County made a big statement this week.

2A:

South I thought was Comer all year, but Highland Home is turning some heads. North is a little crazy, Fyffe said "don't forget about us"." Tuscaloosa Academy upset Sulligent, Tanner is rolling and Locust Fork could score against the 85 Bears.

1A:

South had a really good game between Poka and Maplesville. LHS pulled it out, but until I see a team that can throw the ball consistently, I am still taking Elba. North is Coosa. They will get in. Good teams in north are South Lamar, Lynn, Hackleburg, etc, but none have the talent Coosa does.

Twitter (Or X, whatever) @TheMUBM
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mosleh87 Posted - 10/22/2023 : 22:59:53
6A...Gadsden City could make it to the semi finals
hthe3 Posted - 10/22/2023 : 07:49:40
In 4A region 2, I wonder how improved BTW is or if Andalusia was playing it safe before the Catholic game. Speaking of Catholic, maybe this is finally the year for them? A fourth strait loss in the finals/semi?s would be brutal. There should be a lot of must watch football in the South bracket.

MA was able to hit some explosive plays against Slocomb who just looked over matched. I was struck by how small Slocomb?s defensive line was. Wilson for MA had a great game, hit some long runs and had a pick six.

Excited for the play in game between Geneva and MA this week. MA is beating the teams they should - minus the ACA game which was just great coaching by ACA - and losing to some really good teams. I'll probably jinx them but I expect them to win this week and get a week off before playing Bibb County in the playoffs. Have to shut down Geneva's HB and stop the QB from hitting #4 on the deep ball to do it though.

Looking at 2a, when was the last time we had a 1 seed that was 5-5? Clarke County should beat Francis Marion and, I would expect?, lose to Thomasville.

Not specific to any game, but looking through region standings this morning I have to say ? some of these regions are absurdly small and others are absurdly large. I get that they?re trying to keep from having teams nonsensically split up, but it has to suck to be in a 9 team region when some weaker regions only have 6 teams.
GiglnTiger Posted - 10/21/2023 : 18:53:23
quote:
Originally posted by Bum Pickins

2A will be a Fyffe and Highland Home state championship game.

I think Reeltown will have something to say about it next week.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

2003 Class 2A State Champions

2017 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1998 Class 3A State Runner-Ups,
1984 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1979 Class 2A State Runner-Ups
Bum Pickins Posted - 10/21/2023 : 18:41:25
2A will be a Fyffe and Highland Home state championship game.
GiglnTiger Posted - 10/21/2023 : 18:20:29
Don?t let Wellborn fool you. They caught RC on an extremely sloppy night, had a lot of luck and scored w/ :02 in game to beat them. They?re not as good as you may think.

I believe it?s MC?s south bracket to lose.

Hokes bluff? I see you!

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

2003 Class 2A State Champions

2017 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1998 Class 3A State Runner-Ups,
1984 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1979 Class 2A State Runner-Ups

AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.01 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07