Forums Home | Profile | Join | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 History of High School Football in Alabama
 General Discussion
 1st round shockers & disappointments & more

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GiglnTiger Posted - 11/11/2023 : 21:27:37
Ill go first.

Shocked: I figured Regions 2 & 3 in 7A would have pulled the sweep. Nearly did. Mary M escaped Dothan while the other 7 teams fell.

Shocked: A 4-6 Hoover on the regular season is 1 win away from the semi finals. I get it, it is Hoover, but most of us had high hopes on them entering the season and they let us down more times than one and yet here they are.

Disappointed: Central Clay busted a lot of our playoff brackets. Seriously, I dont think anyone in the state was expecting UMS Wright to win 7-0 with only three first downs and 31 yards rushing.

More: theres officially a photo of Curtis & Horn together on Al.com. Thats a sight we will never see again in our lifetime.

Lets hear you!

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

2003 Class 2A State Champions

2017 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1998 Class 3A State Runner-Ups,
1984 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1979 Class 2A State Runner-Ups
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bs091880 Posted - 11/14/2023 : 07:01:03
My shocker UMS Wright beating Central Clay.
Dora laying and egg as well.
GiglnTiger Posted - 11/13/2023 : 21:00:24
quote:
Originally posted by Sloth Nationzz

Shocker: Flomaton shutting out Walter Wellborn 34-0 at Wellborn.
Shocker: WS Neal blowing a 36-21 halftime lead to Randolph County(Halftime adjustments are real)
Impressed: Houston Academy and Straughn handling business

Twitter handle(Or X whatever): Tp_hammock

I was expecting Flomaton to win but not by shutting out Wellborn.

As for the WS Neal, its not so much blowing the lead that was shocking. Its going from scoring 36 points the first half to scoring ZERO the second half.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

GiglnTiger Posted - 11/13/2023 : 14:51:19
quote:
Originally posted by TheMUBM

Coosa Lynn is the de facto 1A north championship.

Twitter (Or X, whatever) @TheMUBM

Wadley. Ive watched Coosa play on live stream 2 games and Im not impressed with them. Wadley is a more complete team.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

mcslate Posted - 11/13/2023 : 13:13:00
Biggest shocker for me was Priceville. At the start of the season I didn't think they would fall off that much and Coach Foster had a really nice system going. Then as the season went on it was apparent this was a rebuild year, they just didn't have the horses left from last year to win the region again. Definitely didn't see a road playoff win in the cards.
Bum Pickins Posted - 11/13/2023 : 12:11:04
Only thing that was a slight surprise in my area was Collinsville and Boaz. Everything else went according to how I thought it would go.
Sloth Nationzz Posted - 11/13/2023 : 11:05:26
Shocker: Flomaton shutting out Walter Wellborn 34-0 at Wellborn.
Shocker: WS Neal blowing a 36-21 halftime lead to Randolph County(Halftime adjustments are real)
Impressed: Houston Academy and Straughn handling business

Twitter handle(Or X whatever): Tp_hammock
TheMUBM Posted - 11/12/2023 : 23:53:50
To pat myself on the back, I picked the Austin Vestavia game perfect in BSG, 38-17. I knew region 4 had no chance.

Hokes Bluff was a good team, but they weren't going to challenge any of the of the top seeds.

Dora. I mean really, I cant figure them out. They are loaded with talent but lose games they shouldnt and win games they shouldnt. Priceville (sorry Priceville folks) isn't good. Brooks will handle them easily.

Brooks showed out against Oneonta, and apparently when Brooks is playing I kind of lose my mind and drive the BSG guys crazy, well my wife would agree with you.

Lauderdale County keeps rolling. But now they got Piedmont. Sometimes you see that jersey on the other side and it is a psyche out. Piedmont is one of those. I have faith in LCHS.

Tanner Pisgah will be the game to watch this week. Both throw the ball around a lot. Pisgah has to have an answer for Parham.

Coosa Lynn is the de facto 1A north championship.

As a side note, the best two backs I have seen in North Alabama in years are Cam Phinizee at Russellville and Savarius Evans at Decatur Heritage. Cam is a sophomore and Savarius is a Freshman. Get used to me talking about them.

Twitter (Or X, whatever) @TheMUBM
GiglnTiger Posted - 11/12/2023 : 22:24:06
quote:
Originally posted by kodyaufan2

Disappointed: I didn't think they'd win, but I thought Hokes Bluff could at least give Madison Academy a game for a half, but the game wasn't even as close as the 57-20 final score indicates. I think it was 57-7 in the middle of the 3rd.

Had Hokes Bluff matched up with anyone else in the north outside of MA and Mars Hill, then I think they would have gave some teams all they could handle.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

kodyaufan2 Posted - 11/12/2023 : 22:19:00
Shocked: We knew Decatur Heritage wasn't your typical 1 seed with the Coosa Christian forfeits, so while it didn't completely shock me that Winterboro won in what ended up being a back-and-forth game in the 2nd half, it did shock me when I saw the score and Winterboro was up 20-0 before the teams had even gotten off the buses good.

Shocked: Priceville had no business beating Dora from what I've seen so far this season. Seems like Dora just randomly decides to lay an egg every few weeks.

Disappointed: I didn't think they'd win, but I thought Hokes Bluff could at least give Madison Academy a game for a half, but the game wasn't even as close as the 57-20 final score indicates. I think it was 57-7 in the middle of the 3rd.

AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07