Forums Home | Profile | Join | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 History of High School Football in Alabama
 General Discussion
 Jamboree Over Reaction

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Northwest Posted - 08/19/2024 : 09:32:05
After getting to watch a couple Jamboree games this Friday night, there were some teams that surprised me and some others that were pretty underwhelming.

Curious...who did you see last week and what were your thoughts?

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Northwest Posted - 08/20/2024 : 09:00:33
quote:
Originally posted by MTeague

I was in Double Springs last Friday. What was your take on the teams there?

Winston County looked legit. I thought they were best team there honestly. That's a team that's historically been known for it's physicality. Now, they have athletes to go with the grit. I think they'll go 2nd round of the playoffs this year after several years of being just outside in a really tough Region.

Hubbertville and South Lamar looked like decent 1A teams. I wish I knew more, but I'm just not familiar with them.

Falkville couldn't really find itself in Game 1, but they moved some personnel around in Game 2 and it really opened up their offense! #1 in space is a nightmare to stop and big #2 is a handful when he gets going downhill. They'll be a wildcard this season. They had some flashes of being a really good team.

Maybe I just heard too much hype about Sulligent going in, but they needed a miracle to edge out Curry in Game 2. Young quarterback and the line struggled to create holes. Maybe it was just a jamboree fluke, but I left with more questions than answers about them.
MTeague Posted - 08/19/2024 : 20:54:57
I was in Double Springs last Friday. What was your take on the teams there?

AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07