Forums Home | Profile | Join | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 History of High School Football in Alabama
 State Champions
 1983-1984 Dora High School Baseball

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
belksports Posted - 06/15/2022 : 01:49:28
I was a member of the 1983-1984 Dora High School baseball team that finished runner up that year. Ya'll currently list our team as final four. We defeated Mortimer Jordan in the state semi-finals 2 games to 1. We was defeated in the state championship series 2 games to 1 by Hillcrest High School. Our coach was Eddie Varnadore. Ya'll incorrectly have his record listed the same on his coaches page as only final four that year also. Should be listed as state runner up there. I have my high school year book and the state championship game program that lists Dora Bulldogs north Alabama champs vs Hillcrest Patriots south Alabama champs if ya'll need picture verification.
Sincerely,
Randy Belk
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dparker Posted - 06/15/2022 : 07:16:56
We list Area/Region champions, Elite Eight, Final Four and State champions for each sport other than football. It is just the way we do it. No runner up teams are designated for any sport just that they reached the final four.

Maybe it should have been done long ago but it was not.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org

AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07