Forums Home | Profile | Join | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 History of High School Football in Alabama
 General Discussion
 Fyffe v Comer first half

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BamaJoe Posted - 12/02/2022 : 16:36:37
I know from two games worth of experience. You CANNOT help Fyffe.

Also they just keep coming, they are there for the physicality. As stupid as this sounds considering the score we were very physical with them.

Comer has great athletes and 23 is a problem for anyone who plays them.

Second half should be very interesting. Can Comer hang on to the ball and get some stops?

Will Fyffe just grind out yards and points while playing smash mouth on both sides of the ball?

Go Eagles!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
powerlineman Posted - 12/14/2022 : 20:24:18
I still hate we lost Adam Fossett at Winterboro back in the day. He had us winning yearly, he?s a great coach for sure! He will have Comer making noise yearly and that program was in the dumps for years and of course I hate saying all of this because Comer is one of our hated rivals but Fossett is one helluva coach! Experience really killed them against Fyffe
BamaJoe Posted - 12/02/2022 : 19:15:10
quote:
Originally posted by kodyaufan2

Yep. Comer are going to be really disappointed after this one. They've looked like the better team most of the game. If not for the 19 points Fyffe had off of 4 Comer turnovers in the first half, two by special teams, they'd probably be up multiple scores on Fyffe.

In the first half, Fyffe had 4 drives start inside the Comer 20 and scored on 3 of them. On their other three drives in the half, they scored once and had two 3-and-outs.

Also, because of the special teams errors, Comer had 2 fewer possessions than Fyffe in the first half, yet were only down 10 at the break.

That's got to be aggravating for B.B. Comer.

You are right! Thats Fyffe though. The first time we (Pisgah) we gave them the ball at our 29, 3, 35, and 19. You just can't help them. They are too good for that.

I will say this about Comer. Their back is great that is obvious but their line is phenomenal. They were the only group I saw get push against the Fyffe front. The most points Fyffe gave up all year prior to this was 14 vs us and Sylvania respectively. Comer legit whipped them at times.

Go Eagles!
kodyaufan2 Posted - 12/02/2022 : 17:32:48
Yep. Comer are going to be really disappointed after this one. They've looked like the better team most of the game. If not for the 19 points Fyffe had off of 4 Comer turnovers in the first half, two by special teams, they'd probably be up multiple scores on Fyffe.

In the first half, Fyffe had 4 drives start inside the Comer 20 and scored on 3 of them. On their other three drives in the half, they scored once and had two 3-and-outs.

Also, because of the special teams errors, Comer had 2 fewer possessions than Fyffe in the first half, yet were only down 10 at the break.

That's got to be aggravating for B.B. Comer.

AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07