Forums Home | Profile | Join | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 History of High School Football in Alabama
 General Discussion
 Spam Attack

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dparker Posted - 12/10/2022 : 07:57:56
The website has come under some sort of attack by some useless individual who has nothing better to do.

No need to worry as I have a full backup of everything. It seems they attacked one database which happens to be the Alabama football database. I had to go in and remove a few thing that you are accustomed to seeing on the site until I can get HostGator to find out how to stop the attack. Then I will restore a backup of the database and all will be fine.

The pages affected are All-state, All-stars and the Polls. I have made some changes that will temporary until all the issues are resolved. Some of the information will not appear on your screen for a while.

Please be patient and I think this can be fixed. I hope so anyway. Seems it is always something.

If you see any spam or some unusual ads popping up please let me know here or via email at
dparker@ahsfhs.org

Thanks

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fat_Coach Posted - 12/14/2022 : 16:58:26
Thank you, David. I know it's a lot of work to keep this thing up and running.
WinstonCountyGrad Posted - 12/13/2022 : 13:19:13
Thank you David!

Proud native of the "Free State of Winston"
dparker Posted - 12/13/2022 : 07:51:04
I have everything back under control as far as the spam attack. I am sorry for what happened if you visited the site during the attack. It took me a day or so to come up with a plan and to get everything back to a stable environment.

But all is safe and secure once again. No data or information was lost to my knowledge. Later today I will fix the final piece and the all-state and all-state teams will show the missing information. The polls will also have that information reinstated.

Again I am sorry if you visited the website Friday or Saturday but all is well for now. I will put some measures in place to try and prevent it from happening in the future. Seems it is always something around here to work on.

Thanks

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org

AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07