General Discussion
 What's up at AHSFHS.org
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dparker
Forum Admin

1406 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2020 :  19:44:12  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will try to keep this short. I posted an article on the homepage about a few of the things going on behind the scenes at AHSFHS.org.

Basically I need to find someone else to host the webserver. The company I have used for the past 13 years no longer wishes to host it. I completely understand their position. The person that kept everything up and going retired and does not have access to the server any longer.

The company no longer is in the business of hosting sites so it leaves us out in the cold for now. They have been pretty good to me over the years and both owners are truly friends. But friendship can only go so far.

That leaves me in search of someone to host our dedicated server. I have been told it is likely not possible to move it to one of the online hosting services since the server is old and has not been completely updated recently.

I do not know much at all about servers. Just that we need a new home. I feel certain someone out there can assist me by hosting the server or have an idea on how and where to get it done.

Any help will be appreciated. Otherwise I will need to come up with another plan.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org

WinstonCountyGrad
AHSFHS Moderator

139 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2020 :  12:59:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish I could help. I don't know anyone that handles web hosting outside of the commercial vendors. Someone out there will reach out hopefully.

Proud native of the "Free State of Winston"
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1406 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2020 :  14:34:44  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have several people respond but still looking for something that will work. We have a few ideas but nothing so far that will be all inclusive.
I have a promising meeting this afternoon with someone that might be able to assist us.
We will get something done very soon hopefully. My last resort is to migrate the website to one of the national hosting companies but I would prefer to stay in-state if possible. I do not think the national companies will be able to get everything to work properly.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07