Montgomery Advertiser
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robinsonakr
AHSFHS Forum Master

115 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2021 :  08:33:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning! Anyone a subscriber to this content on the Montgomery Advertiser website.

I have ties to a team playing in Montgomery this week and was just curious what the article says but I am not a subscriber. If not, no worries...was just checking

THANKS!!!

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/sports/high-school/

Sloth Nationzz
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

270 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2021 :  10:06:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a subscriber, which team?
Go to Top of Page

robinsonakr
AHSFHS Forum Master

115 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2021 :  10:38:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey! Thanks! I am in south Alabama...moreso Class 3A region 1 with T.R. Miller. Both TRM and Hillcrest go to Montgomery this week and we also have Escambia Academy in the state championship game playing in Montgomery. So I was just trying to read the thoughts and predictions about the games this week in Montgomery to get their thoughts about the games.

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/sports/high-school/

Can you possibly copy and paste the article for us non subscribers? THANKS! If you cant, no worries.
Go to Top of Page

Sloth Nationzz
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

270 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2021 :  10:41:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The AISA Class AA state title game is a rematch from earlier this season.

Autauga defeated Escambia 31-17 on Oct. 8 in Prattville behind running back Karl Ligon, who racked up 219 rushing yards and a touchdown, and quarterback Robert Rose, who accounted for three scores.

Both teams have been dominant all season. The Generals are averaging 40.8 points while allowing just 9.6, and have won 10 of their games by at least four touchdowns. The Cougars are outscoring opponents 483-131.

In the semifinals, Escambia beat Chambers Academy 37-13 in a rematch of last year's state final, which Chambers won. Autauga took down Patrician Academy 53-20.

The Generals and Cougars played for the state championship every year from 2016 to 2019. Autauga won three of those four meetings.

Prediction: Autauga 30, Escambia 28

This Class 3A quarterfinal projects to be a bit of a clash in styles.

Montgomery Academy's running-based, wing-T offense is led by brothers Jashawn and Jamal Cooper. Jashawn Cooper ran for 119 yards and scored all three of the Eagles' touchdowns in a 21-17 win over Trinity last week. Jamal Cooper threw for 76 yards and ran for 61 more.

T.R. Miller has relied on a strong passing attack. Quarterback Miller Hart threw for 237 yards and three touchdowns to lead the third-ranked Tigers to a 35-14 win over Opp last week, while Sam Kelley and Trent Cooper both went over 100 yards receiving.

The difference could be on defense, as T.R. Miller allows just 13.7 points per game to Montgomery's 20.5.

Prediction: T.R. Miller 21, Montgomery Academy 14
Go to Top of Page

robinsonakr
AHSFHS Forum Master

115 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2021 :  10:44:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THANK YOU!!!! TRM at MA should be a good one.
Winner will probably get Catholic.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07