Thursday Night Scores/Updates
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

643 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2023 :  19:33:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
End of 1 Mars Hill 14 Rogers 0. Thompson isn't playing for Rogers.

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

643 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2023 :  20:24:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mars Hill up 28 to 0 at half, or at least I think. There is no commentary and I have missed some snaps. It may be 21-0. But here are my takeaways as I assume the the first string won't play much, if it all, in the second half.

Rogers:

Offense: Moved the ball well, but couldn't finish. Ticer ran really hard and moved the sticks multiple times. Rogers is running out of the pistol. I would assume (and you know what happens when you assume) that they may put Thompson in the backfield. They didn't move the ball well through the air, but if you have Thompson and Ticer in the backfield then pick your poison.

Defense: Defense was a lot smaller than I expected. They are replacing a lot of seniors. Even being undersized, they forced Mars Hill to put together drives. They pursued well, were often in the right position and tackled well. They didn't fall prey to tons of big plays, which Mars Hill is known for.

Mars Hill:

Offense: They found a way to score, even with Rogers playing good defense. Hansen is Hansen. Rogers did a good job of keeping him in check, but he still ran the ball hard and threw some beautiful long balls. They're big on the line, athletic as all get out and well coached. They are a threat as always in 3A.

Defense: Rogers drove on them many times, but when it came time to put up or shut up they stopped Rogers. Dobbs has been fantastic on the defensive side of the ball.

***The opinions expressed above are mine and mine only. They do not reflect any endorsement of AHSFHS.org.***

Edited by - TheMUBM on 08/17/2023 20:27:30
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07