General Discussion
 Playoff Brackets and other stuff
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dparker
Forum Admin

1439 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2023 :  12:46:53  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I posted the 2023 playoff brackets but not a single team has clinched a specific spot on any of the brackets yet. That will change after this weekend as a few teams will lock up region championships. There are some teams who have clinched a playoff spot just not a specific playoff spot.

You can find the brackets on the AHSFHS homepage.

I also was fortunate that someone sent me the Super 7 Media Guides from 2016-2022 so I was able to grab the rosters for all the championship teams for those years and they are now on the website. If you look under the 'Champions' tab you will see 'Team Rosters'.

For those of you who listen to the Podcast let us know your thoughts. I know it is very long but it takes time to cover all 52 regions each week.

We do want your input on what you like or dislike. This is our first year to do this so we are still learning.

Thanks to everyone who participates in the forums. I do appreciate it.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org

Sloth Nationzz
AHSFHS Moderator

285 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2023 :  13:27:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like David said, we would love your feedback for the podcast. We know it is long, we try to make it not that long but not much we can do. Also, I know I haven't been active as much on the forums this season, but i am on the podcast and with the Barber Shop Gurus so you can still find my content there!
Go to Top of Page

GiglnTiger
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

399 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2023 :  16:23:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David, under the champions tab for each roster I think a good idea at the top of the rosters would be to have the championship team photos. Itll be a slow process but something I think that may be beneficial to that section. Itll put a face to the name and number.

When it comes to the forum, Ive noticed a spike in advertisements popping up. It kind of does get annoying. Could we look into maybe a donation section where people can chip in to the cause? AHSFHS has become resourceful to both the fan, coach and media personal. Or maybe a YouTube channel where you can start archiving any and all team season highlights or old games. YouTube has a Adsense that would generate a little bit of revenue too.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

2003 Class 2A State Champions

2017 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1998 Class 3A State Runner-Ups,
1984 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1979 Class 2A State Runner-Ups

Edited by - GiglnTiger on 10/11/2023 16:28:08
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1439 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2023 :  19:10:02  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Team photos are difficult because we do not own the rights to the photos and I am sure at some point would get into some trouble using them. Plus they can hard to find for many teams. Almost all the photos you see on the website are ones I have taken over the years. I get permission to use the others.

Advertising is always a necessary evil. It costs money to run this thing therefore we need the ads to make it worthwhile for me. I have little to no control over what Google does with the ads. Trust me they are aggravating to me also. Once the season is over I may look into lowering the number of ads everyone sees.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

643 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2023 :  19:20:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The podcast has really been great every week. I do have trouble hearing Kurt sometimes. You guys deliver so much information. I will continue to help you with pronunciation. :)
Go to Top of Page

GiglnTiger
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

399 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2023 :  21:29:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dparker

Team photos are difficult because we do not own the rights to the photos and I am sure at some point would get into some trouble using them. Plus they can hard to find for many teams. Almost all the photos you see on the website are ones I have taken over the years. I get permission to use the others.

Advertising is always a necessary evil. It costs money to run this thing therefore we need the ads to make it worthwhile for me. I have little to no control over what Google does with the ads. Trust me they are aggravating to me also. Once the season is over I may look into lowering the number of ads everyone sees.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org

Makes sense on the photos. Yes, every time I get on the forum and go thru topics Google add pop up every time. Wasnt sure if you had control over it or if the ads even amount to anything. I do think a donation box would be a positive thing for people who want to chip in for content usage can do so. Thanks for all you do regardless.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

Go to Top of Page

Sloth Nationzz
AHSFHS Moderator

285 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2023 :  09:27:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah the pop up ads, and the team page advertising has driven me crazy haha! I was going to mention that as well. I understand though, that is how you make money to keep the site up.
Go to Top of Page

Brian
New Forum Member

15 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2023 :  10:17:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The ads aren't bad for me. I would like an opportunity to donate a few dollars though. During hs football season, I use this site multiple times a day. It's an invaluable resource.
Go to Top of Page

ChiefWilly37
New Forum Member

15 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2023 :  22:28:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This week was the first time listening to the podcast and I really enjoyed it. I did not mind the length at all, and I would even enjoy it if it was longer and broke down even more matchups (if y?all are able to process that much, I know it?s a whole lot of information). You could start making notes showing what time marks you start talking about the various classifications, regions, team etc. that way if someone was only interested in listening to certain classifications/regions they could fast forward and listen to those topics.
Go to Top of Page

Sloth Nationzz
AHSFHS Moderator

285 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2023 :  23:15:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChiefWilly37

This week was the first time listening to the podcast and I really enjoyed it. I did not mind the length at all, and I would even enjoy it if it was longer and broke down even more matchups (if y?all are able to process that much, I know it?s a whole lot of information). You could start making notes showing what time marks you start talking about the various classifications, regions, team etc. that way if someone was only interested in listening to certain classifications/regions they could fast forward and listen to those topics.

I think that is a great idea!
Go to Top of Page

GiglnTiger
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

399 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2023 :  12:30:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChiefWilly37

I do agree with that statement on the times. I skip around trying to find a quick insight on Clay County in 5A before moving to 3A. Would be a great addition to the podcast to see what times each classifications start at so I can skip more accurately and quickly to them.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

Go to Top of Page

Sloth Nationzz
AHSFHS Moderator

285 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2023 :  13:11:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you would like to follow me on twitter(or X whatever it is) my handle is tp_hammock
Go to Top of Page

hthe3
Forum Member

38 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2023 :  08:46:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd echo the suggestion about trying to "bookmark" the different classifications if that's possible. I know some podcasts I've listened to on Spotify have done it. Besides that, I'd just like to say I'm impressed y'all give time to every region. It's hard to do.

Ideally, it would be nice to go a little more in depth with each region and what's going on with the teams - good and bad - BUT I realize that's probably just not possible/reasonable with all y'all have to cover each week. It was good hearing y'all dive into the playoff races in more depth last week though.

Overall, I'm very happy to have the content to enjoy and the site to visit.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07