AHSAA restores White Plains playoff eligibility
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GiglnTiger
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

399 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2023 :  15:41:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Appeal Approved! AHSAA Central Board restores White Plains? playoff eligibility, and the Wildcats can make their first berth since 1994 with a victory over Munford on Friday plus help.

https://www.easportstoday.com/2023/10/17/appeal-approved/?fbclid=IwAR3b3bJeQGclQB6_8fdUQFR4BAI9mNNl4PPVgivqmCtMmlnk2EDfZ4rYFrk_aem_AdoAlgrHu9KJuElsf9HkwIl-DR7QbPnhEPmoVPJ-TeHBC9jvPXoso0UpKc4uTlrG5P8&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

2003 Class 2A State Champions

2017 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1998 Class 3A State Runner-Ups,
1984 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1979 Class 2A State Runner-Ups

mcslate
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

307 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2023 :  16:06:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised. The AHSAA almost never reverses and usually goes out of its way on its reasoning for upholding a rule or ruling no matter how absurd it is.

Edited by - mcslate on 10/17/2023 16:09:52
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

644 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2023 :  16:16:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I am one of the few, but I disagree completely with this decision. This sets a dangerous precedent.

Go to Top of Page

GiglnTiger
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

399 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2023 :  20:43:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheMUBM

I know I am one of the few, but I disagree completely with this decision. This sets a dangerous precedent.

I agree. I would say if a team forfeits a game and they are then playoff ineligible because of the forfeit then teams that forfeit games for ineligible players or any other reason should be grounds for playoff ineligibility.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

644 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2023 :  21:12:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GiglnTiger

quote:

I agree. I would say if a team forfeits a game and they are then playoff ineligible because of the forfeit then teams that forfeit games for ineligible players or any other reason should be grounds for playoff ineligibility.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

I get your justification, but I don't agree with the premise. When you play an ineligible player, you should lose those games and have to have a hard time making playoffs. Get that player eligible or take them out. Problem solved. However if you just up and decide to forfeit for whatever reason, that sets a dangerous precedent. Look at a team like Huffman. They haven't scored a single point all year, so what if they just said "ya know what, we're done." There would now be precedent. Because White Plains, I don't care what anyone says, did not have just cause.

I know you are a rational fan and have good takes and think your stuff out, but we are going to have to disagree on that portion of it.
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

644 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2023 :  21:15:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GiglnTiger

quote:

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

Let me also say that I do not think it is fair that Wadley is likely going to get hit with playing Coosa in the first round because Coosa violated rules. I don't know the answer on that end, but I don't think it should disqualify them from the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07