Reclassification
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robinsonakr
AHSFHS Forum Master

113 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2021 :  07:53:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone! I think we are at the end of the most recent 2-year cycle. Has anyone heard anything about the upcoming reclassification? Will it be announced in December or January? Any major changes for the state or any schools? Just wondering what your thoughts on this was.

Sloth Nationzz
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

265 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2021 :  10:48:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My favorite thing every 2 years. I have heard from a trusted source that Pike Road will be a 7A school next year. Would love to hear what other people have heard from around the state.

Edited by - Sloth Nationzz on 10/12/2021 10:50:59
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

274 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2021 :  10:58:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It should come out early to mid December. In my area I have heard Fyffe may drop back down to 2A and Ider may go 1A.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

jtoddo
New Forum Member

19 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2021 :  14:22:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Addison is almost guaranteed to drop down to 1a, thank goodness. They will be 80% sophomores and freshman next year.

j t walker
Go to Top of Page

cwak
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

1261 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2021 :  15:00:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This reclassification is the most interesting to me since installing 7A in 2014 enrollment numbers may be all over the place with covid complications. There has also been usually little come out thus late in the year of what might happen.
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1401 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2021 :  19:25:49  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Going by what has happened in the past the enrollment numbers will come out in December. That will give whoever can get a copy of them a very good idea of where teams will fall.

The actual announcement from the AHSAA is usually not until January. But remember that I am old and forgetful.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

kodyaufan2
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

254 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2021 :  21:53:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dparker

Going by what has happened in the past the enrollment numbers will come out in December. That will give whoever can get a copy of them a very good idea of where teams will fall.

The actual announcement from the AHSAA is usually not until January. But remember that I am old and forgetful.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org

I want to say that last time they released all of it together in mid-December just a couple weeks after the Super 7. But yeah I think they typically come out in January. But I could be wrong about both of those.
Go to Top of Page

cwak
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

1261 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2021 :  00:07:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah; they moved the release of the classifications to the week after the Super 7 when they introduced the private school multiplier a few cycles ago. The region alignments and winter and spring sports still come out in January.

I also thought enrollment numbers were usually turned in to the state BOE in early September or late August. I may be miss remembering or they don't do that anymore.
Go to Top of Page

kodyaufan2
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

254 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2021 :  10:00:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just checked the master calendar on the AHSAA's website and they haven't listed a specific date yet for the release of the next realignment. I don't remember if it's normally on there though.
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

274 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2021 :  11:32:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kodyaufan2

I just checked the master calendar on the AHSAA's website and they haven't listed a specific date yet for the release of the next realignment. I don't remember if it's normally on there though.

I looked it up, the last one (2020-2022) was released on 12/17/2019. So it should happen some time in December.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

cwak
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

1261 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2021 :  21:36:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What are some predictions for 7A.

There's going to be some hard decisions to make this time. Most certainly Chelsea, Helena, and Mtn Brook will move up creating region problems. What do you do if they move up and some combination of Austin, Gadsden, Florence, or Albertville move down. Or even Theodore moves down.

How would you do the regions.

I've heard Birmingham schools may go to region 2 to keep from what happened with Hewitt-Trussville a few cycles ago, when they went to region 4 by themselves.

7A expanding to 48 teams might be on the table.
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2021 :  22:17:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have heard the 7a expansion is happening, that would mean more than likely my Brooks Lions are going up to 5a again. Not looking forward to that.
Go to Top of Page

NorthALBall
Forum Member

26 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2021 :  16:22:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are doing the release of reclassification different this year. It will be my sports season.
Once Football gets finished, they will release the new classifications for Fall Sports.
Then after Basketball winter sports, etc.
The next Central Board meeting is January 19th, but from what I have heard they are supposed to come out before Christmas.
Obviously, because of the new multiplier they have to wait for each sport to finish to see if anyone needs to move up or down. But we should get a pretty clear idea on where everyone will fall based on numbers.
Go to Top of Page

Sloth Nationzz
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

265 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2021 :  19:38:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So like the day after the championships? Any idea what day for fall sports?
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

274 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2021 :  05:41:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I talked to a person last night who said that he had heard from a fairly reliable source that the expansion of 7A was not going to happen this time. Something about a bylaw that would have to be changed.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

UNA2004
AHSFHS Forum Member

78 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2021 :  11:20:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was told new Football Reclassifications would be released on Dec 6th, I?m not sure if this is true, has anyone heard this?

Go Lions
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

274 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2021 :  12:29:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UNA2004

I was told new Football Reclassifications would be released on Dec 6th, I?m not sure if this is true, has anyone heard this?

Go Lions

I was told "one day next week" earlier this week so that would line up. I was also told the only thing they were waiting on was to slot the private schools based on the multipliers.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1401 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2021 :  13:13:14  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was told from a very reliable source that the Central Board will meet on Dec. 14 so I would not expect anything before then. But it may be shortly following that meeting.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

smith565
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2021 :  16:50:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dparker

I was told from a very reliable source that the Central Board will meet on Dec. 14 so I would not expect anything before then. But it may be shortly following that meeting.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org

Yes, this is true. Should be around 10AM on the AHSAA TV Network.
Go to Top of Page

robinsonakr
AHSFHS Forum Master

113 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2021 :  13:26:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The AHSAA Central Board is scheduled to meet Monday and Tuesday, December 13th and 14th on football reclassification. Schools can expect the reclassification to be announced by Tuesday the 14th.

https://twitter.com/ALFCA_/status/1467606161729982470?s=20
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07