Rankings Project
 al.com power 20
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

svmounties
AHSFHS Moderator

1561 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2013 :  09:26:12  Show Profile  Visit svmounties's Homepage  Reply with Quote
David, al.com has a Power 20 this year. It's their top 20 in the state regardless of rank. This week's poll is below. It doesn't always mesh with the polls, as in the Power 20 SV is 10 and Vestavia is 11, while the ASWA poll has SV 5 and Vestavia 4.

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/-1567275759040598139/power-20-hoover-stays-at-no-1-while-smiths-station-leaps-into-top-5/

Shane Paschal
Shades Valley High School
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !

Edited by - svmounties on 10/18/2013 09:27:19

dparker
Forum Admin

1401 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2013 :  19:26:59  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That may be the stupiest thing I have ever seen any media source produce. If anyone really thinks Edgewood Academy would beat McGill-Toolen I would love to place a wager with them. Trust me I have seen enough high school football to know the difference between an AISA school and any 6A school.
It is simply a game of numbers. Now the exception to the rule this year may be Madison Academy. I do think they could play with many 5A and even a few 6A schools. But to think they could defeat every school behind them is just crazy.
It is like saying Fresno State or Northen Illinois should be ranked ahead of say LSU. I suppose if these voters lumped all the FSC and BCS schools together, Fordham would be ranked in the top ten.If you don't know who Fordham is then I made my point.
I have seen this poll previously but just shake my head wondering what sportswriters will do next to get a click. Sorry for the rant and no offense to any school is intended.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

jgarrett168
AHSFHS Forum Master

118 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2013 :  06:37:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is there a like button, dave? I think you said what a lot of people were thinking when they read that power20. to suggest that an aisa school could hang with hoover or the like is just ridiculous. there aren't very many 6A ahsaa schools that they wouldn't destroy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07