All State Project
 New Research
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dparker
Forum Admin

1401 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2022 :  09:32:25  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is gratifying to finally complete a project after many years of research. But today I finally found the last roster we needed for the AHSAA North/South All-Star Game.

The last piece to the puzzle was the 1997 game and I found the rosters in the Montgomery paper after looking many times over the years in other newspapers.

So now we have the rosters for every North/South all-star game that was ever played from the initial 1948 game through this year.

I also managed to find the all-state football teams from the Birmingham Post Herald for the years of 1980 and 1981. Those were the last two I had been looking for over the years. We now have them all from that paper between 1950-1983. We already have the all-state teams between 1921-2006 from the Birmingham News. And of course we have all the ASWA teams.

We now have 46,021 all-state football players on file including 29,228 different players. Some players were selected multiple times by different sources or in more than one season. That is a lot of players who have been selected to an all-state team over the years.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org

WinstonCountyGrad
AHSFHS Moderator

139 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2022 :  10:11:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent work! I took a look and noticed the All-Star game record for 1981 on Winston County has Kim Miller listed as Ken Miller. He is listed correctly on the All-State listing as Kim but the paper must have misspelled it on the All-Star listing.

Proud native of the "Free State of Winston"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07