The Finale, Games To Watch.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sloth Nationzz
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

265 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2022 :  10:11:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to my final installment of this years games to watch. I remember posting my longest one ever for week zero this season. I am going to miss writing these over the off season. Let us dive in, one last time in 2022.

7A: Thompson vs Auburn
What can you say about Thompson, they are a national powerhouse in the Southeast. They post plenty of division one talent. Their only problem this season has been the offseason but they seem to have figure it out for the most part. Auburn is Auburn, they are consistently good and make good plays off of mistakes. This is their first chance at revenge since the infamous 2020 state title game. I believe they will be chomping at the bit. My Prediction: I think Auburn can hold their own for a half but Thompson makes the plays and wins an unbelievable 4th straight title. Final Score: Thompson 28 Auburn 16

6A: Mountain Brook vs Saraland
Saraland makes its return to the state title game, a little bit later than many expected. They were hit by upsets and injuries and all of that has led to their return in 2022. Mountain Brook I thought would be here last season but I am surprised they made it. Saraland has the talent to beat anyone, but Mountain Brook is a strong physical team. My Prediction: I think Saraland's QB shows why he's one of the best in the nation and they finally get their first title. Final Score: Saraland 29 Mountain Brook 24

5A: Charles Henderson vs Ramsay
Many of you are surprised by Charles Henderson's arrival to the title game. I remember many said they wouldn't even make it past Williamson. Well here they are, right in Jordan Hare against Ramsay. They are a strong defense with a very balanced offense. They are a tough team to beat and flew under the radar due to their region and their previous years. Ramsay is Ramsay, not surprised they are here. They can do just about anything and they are really good this year. My Prediction:I think Charles Henderson continues to shock people one more time and wins a state title! Final Score: Charles Henderson 38 Ramsay 36

4A: Andalusia vs Cherokee County
Catholic Montgomery had to face Andalusia twice in a season, I am not terribly surprised Andalusia got the last laugh. Many in 4A will tell you, you don't want to play Andalusia once, let alone twice. It is funny Cherokee County is facing Andalusia. Last season, Cherokee County had to make one of the longest drives in the state in the first round when they went and played at Straughn, who is like 5 minutes away from Andalusia. They won 36-28, but many in the area thought it was ridiculous that you could drive to Tennessee quicker than going to Straughn. Now they get to face the big dog of the wiregrass, this will be fun. My Prediction: I think Andalusia's depth and size will take over and win against Cherokee County. Final Score: Andalusia 35 Cherokee County 28

3A: Saint James vs Piedmont
Saint James crushed every opponent they played in the south bracket, with the closest margin of win being 21. Their closest victory in 3A was 16 points. Their only losses are to: Handley and Charles Henderson. Piedmont is Piedmont and they are good as always. This might be the most underrated matchup of the weekend. You have a high powered offense vs a very balanced and slower paced offense. Jack Hayes vs KJ Jackson, two of the best QBs in 3A get to play in Jordan Hare. The crowd should be great as Saint James's alums have been waiting for this moment for a long time, and Piedmont will want to go for a repeat. My Prediction: I think Saint James offense is too high powered for Piedmont. That is not saying Piedmont won't score, because they will, I think they will just get behind and not be able to catch up. Final Score: Saint James 42 Piedmont 35

2A: Fyffe vs BB Comer
I remember watching BB Comer broadcasted games like 3 years ago when they were in 3A and going "Man these guys have potential but their region is hard" And now they are in 2A and it is showing that they are a 2A school not 3A because they have done much better in a lower classification. Fyffe is Fyffe, Not sure what else I can say, they are a great team. They have destroyed every team in their path. My Prediction: Fyffe wins due to being the more experienced team. Final Score: Fyffe 34 BB Comer 20

1A: Leroy vs Pickens County
How does Pickens County keep making it back to state is beyond me. I feel like every year I look up and say "Yep theres Pickens back in state." Leroy was one of the best 2A teams for the past few years and now they are in 1A. I think this one might be the only mismatch of the weekend. My Prediction: I think Leroy wins and wins big as they are really good this year. They avenged their only loss to Millry. Final Score: Leroy 34 Pickens County 12

Thank you all for reading these and giving me feedback. It always helps me out knowing people read my articles and enjoy them. I have done all of these previews during one of my history classes. I have enjoyed doing these more than my history class. I hope you've all enjoyed, because I have enjoyed doing them. Until then, let the offseason begin.

GiglnTiger
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

374 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2022 :  19:49:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The most intriguing Super 7 game for me this year is the St. James / Piedmont game. I?m taking the JACK ATTACK to win. Piedmont falls behind but it?s normal for them to rally back. ;)

I don?t see Comer scoring more than twice. Fyffe plays their best defensive game this week.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

2003 Class 2A State Champions

2017 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1998 Class 3A State Runner-Ups,
1984 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1979 Class 2A State Runner-Ups

Edited by - GiglnTiger on 11/30/2022 19:53:41
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07