Forums Home | Profile | Join | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 History of High School Football in Alabama
 General Discussion
 Instant Replay

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GiglnTiger Posted - 06/12/2018 : 16:06:06
Does anyone know what the cost is to the schools to use the instant replay service recommended by the AHSAA? Does the cost vary by school size due to larger schools using more camera angles vs. smaller schools using less? Thanks!

Randolph County Tigers

2003 Class 2A State Champions

2017 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1998 Class 3A State Runner-Ups,
1984 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1979 Class 2A State Runner-Ups
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tidefan102 Posted - 06/13/2018 : 10:15:29
My take on this is it's not needed in high school football. I think the money could be used much more wisely. $3500.00 could by a lot of new helmets. I hope most member schools refuse to waste money on this and it dies a quick death.

Mike Naugher
svmounties Posted - 06/12/2018 : 18:42:51
http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/5638358853113332158/heres-the-cost-for-alabama-hs-football-instant-replay/

Article here states 'The initial cost of $3,000-$3,500 likely covers equipment and training, while the annual $1,500 in subsequent years would cover ongoing training, maintenance and support for DVsport.'

From what I read, it's a system they buy, and it plugs into whatever current camera system the schools currently have. So that's probably why the cost would be the same, school to school. I can imagine there will be many smaller schools that won't ever have the equipment, as it's optional, and not required.

Shane Paschal
Shades Valley High School
Class of 1986
Go Mounties !

AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07