Forums Home | Profile | Join | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 History of High School Football in Alabama
 General Discussion
 Which region in each class is most competitive?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SpoutRun
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2022 :  15:33:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In your opinion, which region in each classification is the most competitive/difficult?
Surprise teams in each classification?

Based on power ratings, they could be:
1A - Region 2
2A - Region 5
3A - Region 1
4A - Region 2
5A - Region 6
6A - Region 7
7A - Region 2

Edited by - SpoutRun on 10/28/2022 15:39:27

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2022 :  15:49:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe not top to bottom, but 4A R6 has three teams that could legit contend for a title. That's pretty impressive.

Edited by - TheMUBM on 10/28/2022 15:50:18
Go to Top of Page

kodyaufan2
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

254 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2022 :  15:47:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll give you some other strong regions.

2A Region 3--Lanett has been an annual title contender for several years now, and they finished 4th.

4A Region 1--The 2nd-5th place teams in Region 1 just absolutely cannibalized each other. There were 5 legitimate playoff teams there.

4A Region 4--How good is this region? The 4th place team, Munford, was possibly the best team we (Lincoln) played this year. And we played Moody, Leeds, and Beauregard in 5A. They were the only team we played that we never even looked competitive against.

5A Region 1--Nothing new as UMS-Wright stills sits on top, but they had to work for it several times against region foes.

7A Region 2--This region may have finally over taken the Birmingham region as the toughest in 7A and will probably go 4-0 in the 1st round.
Go to Top of Page

mcslate
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

289 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2022 :  17:21:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The current 6A Region 7 (sometimes it's 8) is usually pretty cutthroat. This year the playoff teams are either 7-0 or 8-0 against 7A teams unless I missed something. They were swept out of the playoffs last year but with a more favorable region match up this year I think they can get 3 to advance. But it seems the 4 seed of this region is usually one of those tough draws for a region winner's first round game.

I think 4A region 7 has turned into quite a battle each week too. If they could only somehow kept Priceville like the original plan had.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07