New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

petemaravich
AHSFHS Forum Member

72 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2014 :  05:57:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These are for Fairview

Home- Good Hope, Vinemont, Mortimer Jordan, West Point, J.B. Pennington & Fayette County in the playoffs

Away- Brewer, Holly Pond, Hanceville, Hokes Bluff & Hayden

Two games that year were played on different dates

Good Hope on Sept. 4
J.B. Pennington on Nov. 1

Pennington game was due to weather but I can't remember why they played Good Hope on Saturday instead of Friday.

Home- Brewer, Holly Pond, Hanceville, Hokes Bluff & Hayden

Away- Good Hope, Vinemont, Mortimer Jordan, West Point & J.B. Pennington

Home- Good Hope, North Jackson, Vinemont, West Point & New Hope

Away- Holly Pond, Hanceville, Buckhorn, Curry, Hayden & Curry in the playoffs

Home- Holly Pond, Hanceville, Buckhorn, Curry & Hayden

Away- Good Hope, North Jackson, Vinemont, West Point & New Hope

Home- Good Hope, Brewer, Vinemont, Pinson Valley & West Point

Away- Holly Pond, Hanceville, Curry, Hayden & Oneonta

Home- Holly Pond, Hanceville, Curry, Hayden & Oneonta

Away- Good Hope, Brewer, Vinemont, Pinson Valley, West Point & New Hope in the playoffs

Home- Good Hope, Locust Fork, Vinemont, West Point & Hatton

Away- Holly Pond, Hanceville, Corner, Cold Springs, Hayden & Bob Jones in the playoffs

dparker
Forum Admin

1432 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2014 :  07:03:33  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks my friend. For those of you who may not know this. petemaravich is our best supported and contributor on the basketball site. He has researched many of the north Alabama teams and works to find coaches, games and team records consistently.

Thanks

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

petemaravich
AHSFHS Forum Member

72 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  09:55:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy to help. I was planning on doing a lot of work on the Cullman area schools in football and basketball but the last time I went to the Cullman library and asked to see the newspapers on microfilm I was told I wasn't allowed to carry anything but a pencil and one sheet of paper back to the archives room. I told the woman telling me this that I had been there plenty of times in the past and was always allowed to carry whatever I wanted back but she wouldn't budge. I have a sneaking suspicion that the copier they have that lets you make copies for a small fee may have something to do with it but I don't know for sure. Anyway, when I figure something out I should be able to fill in a lot of info for those teams.
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1432 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  11:29:33  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have run into all types of people at libraries around the state. It is amazing how the rules vary. In Andalusia the lady would only allow me to view one yearbook at a time and I had to wait between each one while she retrieved it at her leisure.

But, I must say that most are very friendly and helpful. It is just a few that make things difficult.

Hang in there. I do appreciate your efforts.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07