Forums Home | Profile | Join | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 History of High School Football in Alabama
 General Discussion
 AHSAA restores White Plains playoff eligibility

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GiglnTiger Posted - 10/17/2023 : 15:41:33
Appeal Approved! AHSAA Central Board restores White Plains? playoff eligibility, and the Wildcats can make their first berth since 1994 with a victory over Munford on Friday plus help.

https://www.easportstoday.com/2023/10/17/appeal-approved/?fbclid=IwAR3b3bJeQGclQB6_8fdUQFR4BAI9mNNl4PPVgivqmCtMmlnk2EDfZ4rYFrk_aem_AdoAlgrHu9KJuElsf9HkwIl-DR7QbPnhEPmoVPJ-TeHBC9jvPXoso0UpKc4uTlrG5P8&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

2003 Class 2A State Champions

2017 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1998 Class 3A State Runner-Ups,
1984 Class 3A State Runner-Ups, 1979 Class 2A State Runner-Ups
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TheMUBM Posted - 10/17/2023 : 21:15:09
quote:
Originally posted by GiglnTiger

quote:
Originally posted by TheMUBM

I know I am one of the few, but I disagree completely with this decision. This sets a dangerous precedent.

I agree. I would say if a team forfeits a game and they are then playoff ineligible because of the forfeit then teams that forfeit games for ineligible players or any other reason should be grounds for playoff ineligibility.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

Let me also say that I do not think it is fair that Wadley is likely going to get hit with playing Coosa in the first round because Coosa violated rules. I don't know the answer on that end, but I don't think it should disqualify them from the playoffs.
TheMUBM Posted - 10/17/2023 : 21:12:52
quote:
Originally posted by GiglnTiger

quote:

I know I am one of the few, but I disagree completely with this decision. This sets a dangerous precedent.

I agree. I would say if a team forfeits a game and they are then playoff ineligible because of the forfeit then teams that forfeit games for ineligible players or any other reason should be grounds for playoff ineligibility.

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

I get your justification, but I don't agree with the premise. When you play an ineligible player, you should lose those games and have to have a hard time making playoffs. Get that player eligible or take them out. Problem solved. However if you just up and decide to forfeit for whatever reason, that sets a dangerous precedent. Look at a team like Huffman. They haven't scored a single point all year, so what if they just said "ya know what, we're done." There would now be precedent. Because White Plains, I don't care what anyone says, did not have just cause.

I know you are a rational fan and have good takes and think your stuff out, but we are going to have to disagree on that portion of it.
GiglnTiger Posted - 10/17/2023 : 20:43:12
quote:

Jeremy Wortham

Randolph County Tigers

TheMUBM Posted - 10/17/2023 : 16:16:15

mcslate Posted - 10/17/2023 : 16:06:59
I'm surprised. The AHSAA almost never reverses and usually goes out of its way on its reasoning for upholding a rule or ruling no matter how absurd it is.

AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07