Super 7 predictions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robinsonakr
AHSFHS Forum Master

114 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2021 :  09:14:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all! We are a few weeks away from the start of the 2021 season. The preseason poll has been released. Just curious what everyone's preseason picks were to be state champs at the end of the season?

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2021 :  12:42:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Way too early for me to have even begun formulating a guess. Since I am the most familiar with 4A North, I will say that Gordo is still the team to beat in the North. Their QB is a game changer.
Go to Top of Page

kodyaufan2
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

254 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2021 :  22:42:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1A: Brantley vs Decatur Heritage
2A: Mars Hill vs Lanett
3A: Fyffe vs Bayside Academy
4A: Handley vs Gordo
5A: St. Paul's vs Pleasant Grove
6A: Clay-Chalkville vs Opelika
7A: Auburn vs Thompson

Champs in bold
Go to Top of Page

robinsonakr
AHSFHS Forum Master

114 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2021 :  13:28:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just curious now that we are in week 5 if anyone wanted to revisit this and see what your predictions for the Super 7 might be? Just for fun!

I would say mine (as of right now) would be:
7A: Thompson over Auburn
6A: Spanish Fort over Hartselle
5A: Central Clay over Alexandria
4A: Cleburne County over Gordo
3A: Catholic Montgomery over Fyffe
2A: Mars Hill over Leroy
1A: Keith over Pickens Co.
Go to Top of Page

Sloth Nationzz
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

265 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2021 :  13:34:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
7A: Thompson over Auburn(Thompson will crush everyone in their path)
6A: Spanish Fort over Briarwood
5A: Central Clay over Pleasant Grove(Rematch from 2019 classic)
4A: Handley over Etowah
3A: Catholic over Fyffe(Revenge from the 2020 3A title game)
2A: Mars Hill over Lanett(Revenge from the 2019 1A title game)
1A: Brantley over Pickens County(Keith is the biggest wild card in the state)

Edited by - Sloth Nationzz on 09/16/2021 13:34:43
Go to Top of Page

kodyaufan2
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

254 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2021 :  10:16:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1A: Brantley over Pickens County
2A: Mars Hill over Ariton (There's like 8 teams I could see making it from the south)
3A: Piedmont over Montgomery Catholic (Fyffe looks beatable after last week)
4A: Handley over Madison Academy
5A: Pleasant Grove over Faith Academy (I don't know what to think about St. Paul's or UMS right now)
6A: Spanish Fort over Clay-Chalkville
7A: Thompson over Auburn
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1402 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2021 :  12:24:47  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok. I will give this a shot. My "way too early" predictions. I can do much better in late November than now.

7A: Thompson over "the field" maybe Central PC
6A: Clay-Chalkville over Spanish Fort
5A: Pleasant Grove over Pike Road. I am sticking with Coach Browning's Patriots.
3A: Catholic Montgomery over Piedmont. Stupid to pick against Fyffe.
2A: Mars Hill over Lanett
1A: Pickens County over Keith. Can Keith be this good????
Go to Top of Page

Sloth Nationzz
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

265 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2021 :  16:38:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Keith is the biggest unknown in the whole state. Like has a team ever came outta the blue and caught everyones attention like them? Can not remember the last time. Also they will blow out AL Johnson tonight

Edited by - Sloth Nationzz on 09/17/2021 16:45:27
Go to Top of Page

WinstonCountyGrad
AHSFHS Moderator

139 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2021 :  14:43:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keith and Central Hayneville looks to be a good test coming up as both should be undefeated and possible unscored on when they play.

Proud native of the "Free State of Winston"
Go to Top of Page

robinsonakr
AHSFHS Forum Master

114 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2021 :  13:41:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just curious now that we are one week away from the start of the playoffs if anyone wanted to revisit this and see what your predictions for the Super 7 might be? Make some changes to early guesses?
Go to Top of Page

kodyaufan2
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

254 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2021 :  14:51:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by robinsonakr

Just curious now that we are one week away from the start of the playoffs if anyone wanted to revisit this and see what your predictions for the Super 7 might be? Make some changes to early guesses?

These aren't my official pre-playoff picks. I'll wait until the regular season is completely over for those.

1A: Brantley over Pickens County
2A: Elba over Cleveland (I had no idea who to pick in either bracket)
3A: Montgomery Catholic over Fyffe
4A: Madison Academy over Vigor
5A: Pleasant Grove over UMS-Wright
6A: Clay-Chalkville over Saraland
7A: Thompson over Central Phenix City
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1402 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2021 :  20:55:40  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My Earlier picks.
7A: Thompson over "the field" maybe Central PC
6A: Clay-Chalkville over Spanish Fort
5A: Pleasant Grove over Pike Road. I am sticking with Coach Browning's Patriots.
3A: Catholic Montgomery over Piedmont. Stupid to pick against Fyffe.
2A: Mars Hill over Lanett
1A: Pickens County over Keith. Can Keith be this good????

I feel pretty good about all of them except Handley. But I don't see one great team in 4A this year. The finals could be between any of about a dozen teams as I see it now. I still think if Thompson gets their QB back they will take Hoover the next time in semis.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2021 :  21:04:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are we going to do the bragging rights contest again this year ?
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1402 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2021 :  21:20:50  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheMUBM

Are we going to do the bragging rights contest again this year ?

We will do that. Remind me early next week in case I forget to set it up. I guess we can do what we have done the past couple of years unless someone has a better idea???

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

tidefan102
AHSFHS Moderator

792 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2021 :  08:48:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fyffe could very well lose a first round game at home to Walter Wellborn next week. Wellborn is big and physical and play a lot lot Fyffe.

Mike Naugher
Go to Top of Page

BamaJoe
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

275 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2021 :  10:38:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tidefan102

Fyffe could very well lose a first round game at home to Walter Wellborn next week. Wellborn is big and physical and play a lot lot Fyffe.

Mike Naugher

I agree, I kind of root for Fyffe even though most in our area do not. I have followed them from a distance for a few years and this years team doesn't have the same depth as the teams have had over the last few year. They have always been a run first team but they have been able to impact the game with the pass when they wanted or needed to. Case in point last years state championship game. I don't think they have that ability this year.
Also Piedmont probably should have won the game last year. With the loss to Geraldine right or wrong it gives the appearance of them being vulnerable. That makes the other teams believe more and makes the target on Fyffes back just a little bigger.

Go Eagles!
Go to Top of Page

kodyaufan2
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

254 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2021 :  11:00:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJoe

quote:
Originally posted by tidefan102

Mike Naugher

I agree, I kind of root for Fyffe even though most in our area do not. I have followed them from a distance for a few years and this years team doesn't have the same depth as the teams have had over the last few year. They have always been a run first team but they have been able to impact the game with the pass when they wanted or needed to. Case in point last years state championship game. I don't think they have that ability this year.
Also Piedmont probably should have won the game last year. With the loss to Geraldine right or wrong it gives the appearance of them being vulnerable. That makes the other teams believe more and makes the target on Fyffes back just a little bigger.

Go Eagles!

I'd say that was true even after the Sylvania game that they barely won. Fyffe's season has felt very much like Alabama's to this point in the year. They had a game early that they almost lost but managed to pull out. Then a few weeks later they did lose. And now everyone has to feel like they at least have a realistic shot at taking them down just because seeing them have two one-score games in a single regular season is almost unheard of. It's obvious they aren't quite as good as they have been, but the question remains "is their not-as-good-as-they-have-been still better than everyone else?"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07