Thursday Night Games - Playoff implications
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2021 :  18:40:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will try to keep up with the games tonight that have playoff implications.

Here are the ones I have gathered.

Hackleburg @ Phil Campbell
Sulligent @ South Lamar
Florence @ Gardendale
Vestavia Hills @ Shades Valley
Sparkman @ Muscle Shoals
Fairfield @ Central Tuscaloosa

I am not saying these teams are directly affected by anything tonight, but the outcomes of these games will go toward settling tie breakers.

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2021 :  19:26:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No playoff implications but a big game..at the end of 1

Brooks 0 LCHS 0 Definitely trending in LCHS favor. They have controlled time of possession and stopped Brooks from getting a first down while getting a handful themselves

At last count

Phil Campbell 0 Hackleburg 0
Sulligent 8 South Lamar 0
Florence 0 Gardendale 0
Muscle Shoals 21 Sparkman 0
Shades Valley 0 Vestavia Hills 0
Fairfield 6 Central Tuscaloosa 0
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2021 :  19:50:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Half Lauderdale County 8 Brooks 7 Definitely been going the way LCHS wants. Brooks will have to turn it up and find ways to move the ball in the second half. LCHS defense is as good as advertised

Sulligent 15 South Lamar 0
Phil Campbell 16 Hackleburg 8
Fairfield 18 Central Tuscaloosa 0
Shades Valley 0 Vestavia 0 (still showing 1st quarter, not being updated)
Florence 7 Gardendale 6
Muscle Shoals 28 Sparkman 0

#1 in 4A Madison Academy trails Russellville 14 to 3
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2021 :  20:36:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LCHS 16 Brooks 15 4th

at last count...

Sulligent 29 South Lamar 0
Fairfield 26 Central Tusc 7
Phil Campbell 16 Hackleburg 8
Vestavia 3 Shades Valley 0
Muscle Shoals 35 Sparkman 7
Gardendale 21 Florence 7
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2021 :  20:44:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fourth Brooks 23 LCHS 16

Sulligent 36 South Lamar 7
Still have PC over Hackleburg 16 to 8
Still have VH over SV 3 to 0
Still have Fairfield 26 to 7 over Cent Tusc
Muscle Shoals 35 to 7 over Sparkman
Gardendale 21 Florence 7
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2021 :  21:10:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brooks completes first undefeated regular season since 06 25 to 16 over Lauderdale County. Lauderdale County controlled the tempo and had the game in their favor, but in the end Brooks made some big plays. LCHS will be a tough out in 3a with their defense.

Sulligent 43 S Lamar 13
Fairfield leads Cent Tusc 34 to 7
Vestavia over Shades 3-0 last update at half
PC over Hackleburg 16-8 last update at half
Gardendale 27 Florence 14
Muscle Shoals 42 Sparkman 7

Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2021 :  21:45:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With Sulligent winning this pretty much puts Hamilton in the playoffs. Haleyvilles only hope is that Red Bay loses tomorrow (likely) and that St John Paul beats Priceville (highly unlikely)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Vestavia leads Shades Valley 10-0 late. If SV loses Pinson stays at 8 but could still pick up 5

Gardendale could pick up 5 by beating Florence, but won't pick up anything for Sparkman and Shades Valley leaving them at a final of 12

Jackson Olin will pick up 1 for Fairfield putting them at 13. Pinson can only tie them. Jackson Olin has the tiebreaker.

So Jackson Olin will be 2, Pinson Valley 3 (H2H over Gardendale), Gardendale 4th (scary 4th seed)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

With the Shades Valley loss, Homewood stands at 11. Chelsea has to win tomorrow night and hope Pelham wins, Homewood loses and that Hillcrest-Tuscaloosa loses to be first in region. Lot of moving parts here.

Edited by - TheMUBM on 10/28/2021 21:58:15
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2021 :  22:36:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
apparently, Chelsea played tonight and lost. Making it Homewood 3rd and Chelsea 4th
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1403 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2021 :  23:18:37  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheMUBM

apparently, Chelsea played tonight and lost. Making it Homewood 3rd and Chelsea 4th

I believe you are correct. I think it will be the only tie breaker settled tonight.

Congrats to Brooks on a perfect regular season.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2021 :  23:57:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that pinson region is settled unless I am missing something.
Go to Top of Page

Patriots70
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2021 :  00:13:38  Show Profile  Visit Patriots70's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gardendale is fourth and playing Hartselle correct? AL.com is saying Gardendale is playing Muscle Shoals. Am I missing something?

Edited by - Patriots70 on 10/29/2021 00:14:18
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2021 :  00:59:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is the way I have it unless I?ve missed something which is entirely possible
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2021 :  04:23:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah AL Preps has it the same way I do. I generally know how to figure out these tie breakers
Go to Top of Page

Patriots70
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2021 :  08:39:25  Show Profile  Visit Patriots70's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I run ALPreps and I was 99% sure I had it right, but there are so many numbers to keep up with, you never know!

--

ALPreps.com
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2021 :  09:03:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah no doubt. If I have it right, and I assume this is how you have it..

Pinson Valley has 8 right now. Could still pick up 1 for a Ramsay win and a win of their own would net them 5 more for a total of 14.

Gardendale netted 5 from beating Florence, got nothing from Sparkman or Shades Valley so that brought them to 12.

Jackson Olin came into the night at 13 and got 1 for the Fairfield win pushing them to 14 and picked up 1 for Caleras victory putting them at 15, making it impossible for Pinson to catch them. And even if a tie were possible, they hold the H2H over Pinson.

Thus the region goes

2.) Jackson Olin
3.) Pinson Valley (by way of H2H over Gardendale)
4.) Gardendale

BTW, you do a great job with ALPreps. Thanks for all the information you put out!

Edited by - TheMUBM on 10/29/2021 09:04:44
Go to Top of Page

Patriots70
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2021 :  09:22:09  Show Profile  Visit Patriots70's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep, that's exactly how I have it. I appreciate it, but this place is the greatest resource on the planet. I couldn't have done what I did at Jox and keep track of the numbers if not for this site - kudos to everyone who helps here.

--

ALPreps.com
Go to Top of Page

dparker
Forum Admin

1403 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2021 :  10:04:55  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Patriots70

Yep, that's exactly how I have it. I appreciate it, but this place is the greatest resource on the planet. I couldn't have done what I did at Jox and keep track of the numbers if not for this site - kudos to everyone who helps here.

--

ALPreps.com

I will give you some advertising here. If you wish to see a lot more detail about the tie breakers and brackets check out www.ALPreps.com. All this simply melts my brain thinking about the possibilities and getting the correct tie breaker rule applied. You do a great job over there with explaining it all. I do use you as a reference to back up what I do to fill in the brackets.

I also appreciate TheMUBM spending time on the tie breakers and everyone else who keeps me updated and straight here.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page

TheMUBM
AHSFHS Moderator

624 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2021 :  12:10:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Patriots, just a correction for you. I saw on your site you have that if SJP and Red Bay win that Haleyville gets in. If both win, Hamilton still gets in because that would push Hamilton to 9 and Haleyville to 8. Haleyvilles only hope is a SJP win coupled with a Red Bay loss.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07