New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bum Pickins
AHSFHS Forum Member

72 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2023 :  14:44:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Geraldine at Fyffe
This could be the game of the year on Sand Mountain. Geraldine is the only DeKalb County team that has defeated Fyffe since 2009 and they have done it twice! As BamaJoe said Fyffe lost a lot and Geraldine has a lot back from last year team. Last year Fyffe's front 7 dominate the game from start to finish and held Geraldine to 47 total yards. At this point it's just hard to image Fyffe losing, even though Geraldine might have the better team. Key to the game will be Geraldine OL vs Fyffe DL and Mr. Anderson's knee.
Red Devils 21 Bulldogs 13

Cherokee County vs Piedmont
Last year Cherokee County overcame a huge mental hurdle and defeated Piedmont for the first time since 2009. Cherokee is primed to get back to the title game behind an excellent OL and a stable of RBs. Piedmont will see better days ahead, but they are just running into a juggernaut this week. Key to the game will be Centre OL vs a good Piedmont DL.
Warriors 42 Bulldogs 21

Lexington at Pisgah
This was a barn burner last year. Pisgah overcame a lot of mistakes to beat Lexington. Pisgah has dreams of a shot at a title this year. I think Pisgah will make a statement in this game and beat a good Lexington team. Pisgah experienced skill guys should be the differnce in this game. Key to the game with be Lexington secondary vs Pisgah's passing attack.
Eagles 40 -Bears 14

North Jackson at Scottsboro
Scottsboro could be sneaky good this season. QB J. Jones, now a junior, is looking like an all-stater. He rolled up the yardage and TDs last week against Fort Payne to win the TopCat trophy for the first time in years. North Jackson, a proud program, is still in rebuilding mode. Key to the game will be the QB rushing attack vs North Jackson front 7.
Wildcats 55- Chiefs21

Coosa Christian at Spring Garden
Can Coosa or the Garden take the next step and make a title game appearance? Turnovers and the inability to run the ball against a good Geraldine defense doomed the Conquerors. Meanwhile Spring Garden took care of business against hapless Sand Rock. Key to the game will be Coosa front 7 on defense against a really good Spring Garden offense.
Panthers 21 -Conquerors 19

Edited by - Bum Pickins on 08/30/2023 16:01:38

mcslate
AHSFHS Forum Superstar

307 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2023 :  15:05:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really though long and hard about picking Scottsboro in the Region pick contest. Chickened out at the end. But I really like the Alvarez kid they have.
Go to Top of Page

Bum Pickins
AHSFHS Forum Member

72 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2023 :  15:59:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcslate

I really though long and hard about picking Scottsboro in the Region pick contest. Chickened out at the end. But I really like the Alvarez kid they have.

I do too. He's another 3 year starter.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07