New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kodyaufan2
AHSFHS Moderator

271 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2023 :  11:26:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
7A: Auburn vs Enterprise
This was a good game a year ago when Auburn won by just ten points. Last week, Auburn dominated Hoover 39-14 at the Met. It's been a while since anyone other than Thompson has beaten Hoover that bad, so that just shows how strong this Auburn team is this year. Enterprise's defense should be really strong this year behind Keion Dunlap and Eric Winters. They'll have to limit the touches of Auburn's Ian Nation to give their team the best chance in this one.
Pick: Auburn 27, Enterprise 14

6A: Hueytown vs Clay-Chalkville
This may not be the closest game with Hueytown still in a bit of a rebuild after a decorated class a couple years ago, but it's a good early-season measuring stick for both teams. It wasn't long ago that Clay-Chalkville was the highest-scoring offense in the state, but they've rewritten the script with their defense leading the way in recent seasons. That side of the ball already looks to be in mid-season form after pitching a shutout of Briarwood last week.
Pick: Clay-Chalkville 31, Hueytown 7

5A: Ramsay vs Parker
I know this game was already covered on the Barber Shop Gurus, but I'm picking it anyway cause it's one of my games of the year. This is a classic case of unstoppable force meets immovable object in the Ramsay offense, led by RB Ashton Ashford, vs the Parker defense, led by DL Jeremiah Beaman. Parker held Ramsay to 18 points a year ago, the only team able to hold them under 21. Both teams are title threats, so this will be an extremely high-quality football game.
Pick: Parker 26, Ramsay 14

4A: Dora vs Oneonta
As we've noted on the site, Dora had a lot of hype coming into the season, but they got a wake-up call last week in their loss to 3A Winfield. I wasn't all that shocked by that result as I was always a bit skeptical of just how good Dora would be. They'll still be a good team and will likely run the table in a weak region, but I don't think they'll have much of an answer for Fluff Bothwell and Oneonta.
Pick: Oneonta 35, Dora 21

3A: Saks vs Sylvania
Life without Jonathan Miller did not get off to a good start for Saks. By all accounts the Wildcats did not play well a week ago against Ohatchee in a 32-8 defeat. Now they'll face one of the favorites to come out of the Region 6 gauntlet in the Sylvania Rams. And speaking of a gauntlet, Sylvania has one of the toughest schedules in the state. Their other two non-region games are 2A title contenders Fyffe and Pisgah, and their next three games after Saks are Piedmont, at Ohatchee, and Geraldine, so this is their only chance to works out any kinks they may have.
Pick: Sylvania 47, Saks 14

2A: Ariton vs Highland Home
These teams played twice last year, with Highland Home winning both, but their regular season matchup came down to just 1 point. Ariton was surprised last week in their defeat to Dale County, a team they had scored 60 on last year. They might take a small step back this year after losing several key players, but the return of Ian Senn will give them plenty of life. The Highland Home duo of Juniors Jakaleb Faulk and CJ May will feel like they have unfinished business after falling in the Semifinals last season, so expect them to be on a mission this year.
Pick: Highland Home 44, Ariton 20

1A: Millry vs Linden
If not for the transfer of QB Daylon Edmunds to Gulf Shores, Millry would likely be one of the title favorites in 1A. As it stands, they'll still have a good team, but they may have to rely more on playmaker Jaylen Manuel. Linden won 20-14 a year ago, but they're hoping to make even more noise in 1A this year. They ran a diverse offense last season, using both a variety of Spread concepts and power I-formations to exploit a defense.
Pick: Linden 36, Millry 22

dawgfan09
Forum Member

34 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2023 :  22:27:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dora 27-13 over oneonta and oneonta had a garbage time td

bc
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07