Got a question about Isabella to D Parker
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bs091880
Forum Member

45 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2024 :  09:57:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Y'all have them ranked in the top 10 to start season but finishing 4th in region 5.

I would just like an explanation.

dparker
Forum Admin

1427 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2024 :  21:41:19  Show Profile  Visit dparker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is a long and difficult process to get the teams in the order I want in the end before releasing the predictions. I start with a blank page and over time begin to pencil in teams as I receive information about each team. I start with trying to determine the playoff teams for each region.

So over the period of a few months the teams move up and down and in and out of contention for playoff spots.

I also pencil in a top ten for each classification. As the summer goes on that top ten sees teams move up and down according to what the coaches tell me and the information I get from reliable sources.

The very last thing I do is to finish up the top ten in this case that would be 2A. I had Isabella just outside the top ten before receiving some very encouraging info on Isabella very late and moved them into the rankings. I just forgot to move them up in the region. Basically I should have them as the second best team in that region.

Honestly I try really hard to pick the winner of each region and the other three playoff teams not worrying that much about the order.

One more note. My top ten is based on how I think the teams will be ranked at the end of the season. Not today. Look at it this way. In my rankings I believe the top eight teams in 1A-6A have the best chance to be in the third round of the playoffs.

I would love to see you are anyone else who wished to select a top ten in each class share them with us. It's not an easy task I assure you. It shouldn't be taken too seriously. It's just fun to do it. I like when teams prove me wrong.

David Parker
Administrator
AHSFHS.org
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AHSFHS.org Forums © 2007-09 AHSFHS.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07